The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 7800
Original post by FlavaFavourFruit
LOL.

Not bad di Matteo, earning money and being stress free :tongue:

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1384360873.263926.jpg

I wondered why he didn't seem to be doing much to get another job. Guy is sitting comfy

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Skkc16
I wondered why he didn't seem to be doing much to get another job. Guy is sitting comfy

Posted from TSR Mobile

Exactly!!
Reply 7802
Calling it now: De Bruyne will leave in January, join Schalke, turn into an exceptional player and move to Bayern.

Gutted about his situation.
Reply 7803
Original post by Yawn-er
Calling it now: De Bruyne will leave in January, join Schalke, turn into an exceptional player and move to Bayern.

Gutted about his situation.

Mourinho is at the Belgium/Colombia game tonight to watch him play (and the others obv) I tuned in just as KDB was being substituted off for Lukaku so I don't know how he did.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7804
Original post by Cannotbelieveit
To be frank, this is the Mourinho I want to see, passion and confrontation. Not afraid to get stuck in.

Yh that's a good thing. Worked wonders for PDC.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Skkc16

Posted from TSR Mobile

Who would hire him?

Nobody attributed Chelsea's Champions League win to RDM, which was down to the pre-existing defensive quality of the team and inspired performances from Drogba, and his record at WBA etc is not impressive.

He'd probably manage a job at somewhere like Norwich
Original post by Zürich
Who would hire him?

Nobody attributed Chelsea's Champions League win to RDM, which was down to the pre-existing defensive quality of the team and inspired performances from Drogba, and his record at WBA etc is not impressive.

He's not bad although he isn't great. What exposed him for me was 2 things

a) 4-1 loss to Atletico Madrid. Don't get me wrong, Atletico are a well organised team and having watched them for the past 2 years, I can see why they're a strong team. Falcao and now Costa are top strikers, plus their supply to the striker is good. Turan and Rodrigues are pretty good wide men while they have Koke, Tiago for midfield. We gave them our keeper Courtois too while their defence looks organised, Our 2011-2012 team was terrible (no pace threat out wide except Sturridge who was benched by RDM). Our midfield was Ramires, Mikel and Lampard who could barely string two passes together in the CL semi's and final. Heck, we struggled vs Benfica. Like you said we had Drogba and a steady (albeit fortunate) defence. The heavy loss to Atletico highlighted that he wasn't tactically aware to play more ambitiously.

b) 3-0 loss to Juventus. What he did was play without a striker. Better to play with Torres as at least he can hold up the ball. Tried to go toe-to-toe with Juventus in their own stadium and were taught a lesson. Their central midfield of Pirlo,Vidal and Marchisio completely overrun us expectedly. That combination is easily one of the best in Europe. RDM seemed unaware of Juventus' threat although he had already played them when we drew 2-2 at home. Should've tried to keep it 0-0 as long as possible considering the opponent's strength but we got mugged off. After that result, his time was all but up.
Original post by Zürich
Who would hire him?

So it's like like Avram Grant before him really. The board appeared to have taken their time to give RdM the job after we won the CL so there were probably reservations about him being given the job on a 'permanent' basis. Imagine had they not done this though. Because he's been a great servant to us as a player there's the added romanticism there of having an ex-player be rewarded at their club. Imagine the criticism: "How dare Chelsea not appoint Robbie as manager. He won them the CL. Ungrateful ****s". I mean Grant was only one penalty kick away, which looked like to have been partly decided by the weather, so why no outrage when he didn't get it on a 'permanent' basis? While we lost in 2008, the match itself was tightly contested, which doesn't always happen in the CL final.
Dan Petrescu is in advanced talks with Palace apparently. So we''ll have Hughes, Clarkey, Poyet and Dan as managers in the league :tongue:. Just need Zola to get promoted with Watford now!

Shame Palace and Sunderland will probably be relegated though :redface:.
Reply 7809
Original post by Zürich
Who would hire him?

A job is a job I didn't say he should be getting a job at a top club. Palace, Sunderland etc they were all potential jobs, that's all.
If Di Matteo went to Sunderland or Palace he would have been found out. Average coach who was just at the right place at the right time.
Original post by Eloades11
No one dived, Ramires was pushed in the back and lost balance, thus going down. It was a good decision to give the penalty, a lot of refs bottle it when it's late in the game.

I'm a neutral and I'd not seen this until now but this looks like a fairly blatant dive to me, you can see him turn his whole body into the defender when he's expecting contact, why else would he do that if he wasn't looking for the penalty? If he wanted to stay on his feet he would have kept running straight, plus the fact the goal is to the right of him, not the left...
Reply 7812
http://www1.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/teams/chelsea/9026333/is-mourinho-chasing-falcao?

Look how hard Sky are trying to link us to Falcao :rofl:

Four Chelsea players playing for Belgium? Nah, must be here to see Falcao :rolleyes:
Original post by Stevo F
I'm a neutral and I'd not seen this until now but this looks like a fairly blatant dive to me, you can see him turn his whole body into the defender when he's expecting contact, why else would he do that if he wasn't looking for the penalty? If he wanted to stay on his feet he would have kept running straight, plus the fact the goal is to the right of him, not the left...

The defender run into him, Ramires couldn't have possibly stayed on his feet. Why should Ramires make the effort to try and stay on his feet when the clumsy defender comes colliding into his back? Stupid on the defenders part. Ramires is the last player who tries to go down easily for a penalty.
Ramires is the last player who tries to go down easily for a penalty.

Ha. Ramires is a diving cheat at the best of times.
Original post by Loat
Ha. Ramires is a diving cheat at the best of times.

You must be watching a different Ramires.
The defender run into him, Ramires couldn't have possibly stayed on his feet. Why should Ramires make the effort to try and stay on his feet when the clumsy defender comes colliding into his back? Stupid on the defenders part. Ramires is the last player who tries to go down easily for a penalty.

He runs into the defender, not the other way around.
Reply 7818
Original post by The Assassin

Don't get it. What you tryna say?
Reply 7819
About time you started playing your best defender. Goes by the name of Omeruo.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest