The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 9840
Got a good feeling about the run of form we're on, seem to finally be finding our feet and actually playing well. Joint second best defense in the league with Everton, 1 more goal conceded than Arsenal, pretty ****ing annoying how we managed to concede 6 against Stoke and Sunderland. :facepalm2:
Reply 9841
Original post by 9MmBulletz
Yet keep a clean sheet at Old Trafford and the Emirates. Tell me about it
All but 1, maybe 2, were absolutely ****e goals to concede too, wouldn't mind as much if they were sick goals but most of them were just embarrassing. Only 1 goal conceded in our last 5 games though so hopefully we've fixed that problem. Suppose we have yet to travel to the Etihad but I don't really fancy City to be putting 4+ past us, not confident about getting a result though.
Reply 9842
What is up with the timestamps...9Mm are you from the future?
Original post by Nickini
What is up with the timestamps...9Mm are you from the future?

Yea I'm getting this as well, in the United thread.
Reply 9844
Original post by Nickini
All but 1, maybe 2, were absolutely ****e goals to concede too, wouldn't mind as much if they were sick goals but most of them were just embarrassing. Only 1 goal conceded in our last 5 games though so hopefully we've fixed that problem. Suppose we have yet to travel to the Etihad but I don't really fancy City to be putting 4+ past us, not confident about getting a result though.

I'm slyly confident we'll get a draw. Jeez I wouldn't be surprised if we ended up winning from a good counter attack because the City defence is not that great sometimes.

Okay winning is stretching it a bit, but hey I can dream
Original post by Nickini
Got a good feeling about the run of form we're on, seem to finally be finding our feet and actually playing well. Joint second best defense in the league with Everton, 1 more goal conceded than Arsenal, pretty ****ing annoying how we managed to concede 6 against Stoke and Sunderland. :facepalm2:

Yet keep a clean sheet at Old Trafford and the Emirates. Tell me about it
Reply 9846
Original post by little_tom
Yeah, the forums are ****ed, his post is appearing at the bottom for me and it reckoned I'd already read this quote when I hadn't, not getting any notifications of new posts from my watched threads either.

Although seeing as it reckoned 9Mm's post was made at 1:57 and it's past that this might appear at the bottom... :holmes:

Original post by Skkc16
I'm slyly confident we'll get a draw. Jeez I wouldn't be surprised if we ended up winning from a good counter attack because the City defence is not that great sometimes.

Okay winning is stretching it a bit, but hey I can dream
Would love a draw, think we can do it if Mourinho gets his tactics/subs spot on and we turn up, don't want to jinx it though. Expecting a loss tbh, but seeing as we beat them at home we can afford it I think.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 9847
It happened a lot when I was quoted on this thread in my old account. That problem seems to have been fixed with the new one.

Personally I'm more scared of liverpool away than City away. Liverpool have the same home record as us, they've drawn there once and won the rest of their matches.

Against City away, we'll just sit back and counter attack. If we do that they'll have no space to play.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 9848
Original post by bammy jastard 27
It happened a lot when I was quoted on this thread in my old account. That problem seems to have been fixed with the new one.

Personally I'm more scared of liverpool away than City away. Liverpool have the same home record as us, they've drawn there once and won the rest of their matches.

Against City away, we'll just sit back and counter attack. If we do that they'll have no space to play.

What about Utd at home? We seem to have trouble against average teams at home these days :biggrin:
Reply 9849
Original post by Skkc16
What about Utd at home? We seem to have trouble against average teams at home these days :biggrin:

True say :awesome:
I'm not going to take the piss out of United just yet. If Rooney and RVP are back, I can see them putting in a performance.

If we can win that match, then I don't see us dropping any more points at home till the end of the season, which may be enough to win the title.
Reply 9850

Slightly more confident of a result against Liverpool for me given how well we played against them at home, whereas we were quite fortunate to win against City. Undoubtedly our two hardest remaining fixtures though.

Original post by Skkc16
Apparently (didn't watch it) in his post match interview Moyes said Rooney and RVP might not be back for the 2nd leg against Sunderland, which is after we play them. Without those two it *should* be a walk in the park tbf, even with them I still think we should win bar one of those two bringing a world class performance.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 9851

If we can win that match, then I don't see us dropping any more points at home till the end of the season, which may be enough to win the title.

Fingers crossed. We do seem to be building some nice momentum

Original post by Nickini

Apparently (didn't watch it) Moyes said Rooney and RVP might not be back for the 2nd leg against Sunderland, which is after we play them. Without those two it *should* be a walk in the park tbf, even with them I still think we should win bar one of those two bringing a world class performance.

Yeah I watched the game and Utd's best player was the 18yr old and seemed to be the only one capable of doing anything in attack, Ki won the battle in MF against them as well, so in theory we should be fine
Reply 9852
Original post by little_tom

It's a Liverpool time rift. They (Liverpool fans) are trying to make a joint effort in turning back time to the glory days by singing YNWA backwards in unison; disturbing the time continuum in the process. They can't defend set pieces for ****, nor can they properly turn back the years :facepalm2:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 9853
Original post by Skkc16
Yeah I watched the game and Utd's best player was the 18yr old and seemed to be the only one capable of doing anything in attack, Ki won the battle in MF against them as well, so in theory we should be fine
Meant to say in his post match interview, but yeah, provided they haven't found a quality CM to sign I think we'll be fine, would like to think we might have bought someone by then anyway. And I honestly can't decide if Januzaj is incredible or just being flattered by a lack of quality attacking team mates... :tongue:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 9854
Original post by Nickini
Meant to say in his post match interview, but yeah, provided they haven't found a quality CM to sign I think we'll be fine, would like to think we might have bought someone by then anyway. And I honestly can't decide if Januzaj is incredible or just being flattered by a lack of quality attacking team mates... :tongue:

Lack of quality attacking team mates.

I'm a glass half empty guy tbf but when your options is a one footed player who plays like an RB and a 40 year old guy who's been past it for 3 seasons I don't think that's down to brilliance.
Reply 9855
Lack of quality attacking team mates.

I'm a glass half empty guy tbf but when your options is a one footed player who plays like an RB and a 40 year old guy who's been past it for 3 seasons I don't think that's down to brilliance.
Yeah that's what I was alluding to, he's undoubtedly a talent but when he's the only player who does anything with the ball he's going to look good.

I agree with what you (I think it was you anyway) were saying in another thread about Gnabry/Janujaz not being top talents in comparison to the likes of Draxler, Hazard, Neymar, Gotze etc., we're just more exposed to the hype from media and fans than we would be from a young talent in a foreign league.
Original post by Nickini
Slightly more confident of a result against Liverpool for me given how well we played against them at home, whereas we were quite fortunate to win against City. Undoubtedly our two hardest remaining fixtures though.

Apparently (didn't watch it) in his post match interview Moyes said Rooney and RVP might not be back for the 2nd leg against Sunderland, which is after we play them. Without those two it *should* be a walk in the park tbf, even with them I still think we should win bar one of those two bringing a world class performance.

We should've been home and and dry against City at half time. We kept them out, then we had 3-4 gilt-edged chances in the last 10 minutes of the half and shoudl've been at least 2-0 up. They score from an unlikely angle right at the start of the second half. We have to come out and play so they ultimately look better because they have a better group of players. The circumstances of our goal is fortunate, but City didn't really create anything clear cut throughout the game. Liverpool created more clear-cut chances against us at the Bridge.

Btw, I think we'll beat United at the Bridge. We have Arsenal, Spurs and Everton to come who are in better league positions so we should be more worried by their arrival. I do genuinely think Januzaj is a very good player. He looks more important to the team than Ronaldo was when he was 18. Januzaj looks much better than Ronaldo when he was 18. Ronaldo was literally just doing pointless tricks like 3 step-overs on the spot. I'm not saying Januzaj will become a better player than Ronaldo at all, because it took Ronaldo 3 years to actually find out what he's good at (shooting (long range), heading, free kicks, movement in the box) and when that was clear, he became a top player.

Anyway, Januzaj looks like he knows what he's doing. Seems composed on the ball and knows how to evade players as well as having a good passing range and a decent amount of pace. He's only 18 and he shouldn't be playing too much too soon. You only have to take a look at what happened to Michael Owen to see that it's not healthy for your team to rely on you so heavily when you haven't even reached 20.
You know Moyes has lost it when he keeps on blaming the referees...

ManU won't sack him coz Fergie wants him...gosh it's so awkward. Bet fergie must be thinking "what a tosser" :rofl:
Original post by UnWise
It's a Liverpool time rift. They (Liverpool fans) are trying to make a joint effort in turning back time to the glory days by singing YNWA backwards in unison; disturbing the time continuum in the process. They can't defend set pieces for ****, nor can they properly turn back the years :facepalm2:

Chelsea have conceded most set piece goals.
Reply 9859
Original post by 9MmBulletz
We should've been home and and dry against City at half time. We kept them out, then we had 3-4 gilt-edged chances in the last 10 minutes of the half and shoudl've been at least 2-0 up. They score from an unlikely angle right at the start of the second half. We have to come out and play so they ultimately look better because they have a better group of players. The circumstances of our goal is fortunate, but City didn't really create anything clear cut throughout the game. Liverpool created more clear-cut chances against us at the Bridge.

Btw, I think we'll beat United at the Bridge. We have Arsenal, Spurs and Everton to come who are in better league positions so we should be more worried by their arrival. I do genuinely think Januzaj is a very good player. He looks more important to the team than Ronaldo was when he was 18. Januzaj looks much better than Ronaldo when he was 18. Ronaldo was literally just doing pointless tricks like 3 step-overs on the spot. I'm not saying Januzaj will become a better player than Ronaldo at all, because it took Ronaldo 3 years to actually find out what he's good at (shooting (long range), heading, free kicks, movement in the box) and when that was clear, he became a top player.

Anyway, Januzaj looks like he knows what he's doing. Seems composed on the ball and knows how to evade players as well as having a good passing range and a decent amount of pace. He's only 18 and he shouldn't be playing too much too soon. You only have to take a look at what happened to Michael Owen to see that it's not healthy for your team to rely on you so heavily when you haven't even reached 20.

We should have taken our chances, reminds me of the bayern game although bayern did knock on the door at the end of the match, City didn't create anything in the first half, City just looked like they were playing better as they scored a goal from a weird angle and forced us out.

I'd like to say, with ronaldo, he actually had very good players with him. That 2004-06 team may not have been good as previous sides, but you still had giggs in his prime, Keane was still there around 04, Scholes was there, Van Nistelrooy was up top and you had the emerging Wayne Rooney. Their midfield was much better than it is currently, if they were solely relying on Ronaldo for the creative burden like they do with Januzaj, you would have seen similar performances from him.

Original post by FlavaFavourFruit
You know Moyes has lost it when he keeps on blaming the referees...

ManU won't sack him coz Fergie wants him...gosh it's so awkward. Bet fergie must be thinking "what a tosser" :rofl:

Fergie's thinking 'chip off the old block'

Latest