The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1620
I'd be happy with Xabi Alonso tbh. He's a great player and better than Mikel. Probably better than Fellaini and would be good to get him on a free rather than fork out £20+ on a DM.

Hulk I'm not so keen on.
Reply 1621
Lineup should be interesting tonight.

Ashley is suspended.

Luiz, Ramires, Bertrand, Mikel on yellow cards, whilst Ramires leg injury puts him in a doubtful position anyway. Romeu is still out of midfield too.

Will be interesting to see whether Rafa risks Bertrand on a yellow at left back or plays Paulo there, or possibly David, again on a yellow. Frank has to play CM, and then he's going to have to chance Luiz/Mikel/Ramires if he's fit, all on a yellow, in a midfield role that will inevitably involve tough tackling.

I personally think Luiz is too valuable in his versatility, to risk him picking up a yellow and not playing in the final.

Hope Mikel starts and immediately gets a yellow so I don't have to scream at him for 90 minutes in the final. Drives me ****ing potty at times!
Reply 1622
Oh, so close!
The Basel supporters are so annoying.
Tell me about it...
Too complacent.
Reply 1626
Bad bad defensive positioning for that goal. Time to bring on the Matanator imo.
Oh **** I didn't even realise they scored. I went afk near 45 mins because I didn't think anything significant would happen.
Reply 1628
We've been very poor this half. Don't think we'll lose though. Should get a good reaction in the second half I feel. We should have finished this game off in the first leg.

Anyway I'm disappointed. Why were none of luiz and lampard marking the egyptian midfielder. He had so much space to move and was then able to get the pass. He should have been closed down by one of the two to pressure him and considering his composed passing during the first half they should have taken more care. Also defence shouldn't have been turned by that half turn from salah so easily. Good goal from basel though.

This counterattacking style isn't really working. Think we should press a little more and try to hold onto possession. Maybe oscar to come on in the second half for ramires(I forgot he was on the pitch) as he offers way more than ramires on the wing.
Reply 1629
Ah.
Poor poor end to that half, we need to be much more clinical. We're getting the chances but not finishing them. We'll need Oscar/Mata to come on to grab a goal or two. Still got the advantage but we need goals if we're to progress.
Original post by James A
The Basel supporters are so annoying.

At least they're making some noise...

Torres is about as useful as a glass hammer as well, some of the things he does these days are unbelievable
Reply 1632
Original post by Zürich
At least they're making some noise...

Torres is about as useful as a glass hammer as well, some of the things he does these days are unbelievable

Tbf although torres hasn't been great his hard work has been putting off the defense. I'm not too angry at his performance this half. Reckon he'll get a goal in the second half in fact.
Original post by jam277
Tbf although torres hasn't been great his hard work has been putting off the defense. I'm not too angry at his performance this half. Reckon he'll get a goal in the second half in fact.

His final shot/ball have been absolutely woeful. Running around plenty but goals are gonna have to come from midfield I reckon.

Doubt Basel will score another one tbh, you'll shut the door this half.
Reply 1634
Looks like torres is going in now... Lol. We should have been like this in the first leg personally.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1635
Original post by Zürich
His final shot/ball have been absolutely woeful. Running around plenty but goals are gonna have to come from midfield I reckon.

Doubt Basel will score another one tbh, you'll shut the door this half.

Going to eat your words? :colonhash:
Reply 1636
lol moses
Amsterdam, here we come!!
Reply 1638
Good. Ferdnando for a hattrick? :bhangra:
Poor Basel :rofl:

Latest