The Student Room Group

OCR A2 LAW G153 Criminal Law 1 - June 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 400
Original post by feelinginfinite
Yes, same for AS years. ELS was out of 120, and Sources of law was out of 80 :smile: Ah that's okay, I agree with qr95 below saying duress/attempts (at least one of them) should definitely come up. I was just curious because I think consent goes best with non fatal OAP on a question (my teacher taught them intertwined - I'm not sure if anyone else was taught that way). Then again, non fatal OAP comes up as a Q2 a lot, though I'm not sure how many times consent has been on with it. Thanks for the tip anyway!

I second this. Then at least theft/non fatal OAP (the biggest topics) for Q2. Then at least insanity+auto/ non fatal OAP/ manslaughter for Q3.
Those are the topics I'll be going over in depth on the Wednesday before the exam. Up until then I'm just doing a combination of everything

Also likely there will be fatal offences on q2 but i doubt they will put all non fatals and all property so i think theft might come up on its own or one of them will be dillema board. I need some evidence that theft is next years special study coz tht makes it more liklely to come up in sectoiom 1/2

what have you revised so far
Original post by qr95
Also likely there will be fatal offences on q2 but i doubt they will put all non fatals and all property so i think theft might come up on its own or one of them will be dillema board. I need some evidence that theft is next years special study coz tht makes it more liklely to come up in sectoiom 1/2

what have you revised so far

Someone on an earlier page mentioned their teacher predicted Q1 robbery/burglary. If I'm honest, I can imagine non fatal OAP being more likely in Q2 since they can't split that up in the way they can with property - (or Q3 they could put 4 statements with robbery/ burglary/ theft). I don't currently have a teacher so I can't help with what next years special study is I'm afraid :redface:

So far, I'm pretty confident with: duress, attempts, causation, omissions
Need to revise these a bit more: intoxication, theft+rob+burglary, non fatal OAP
Need to revise in depth/ not paying much attention to: in/voluntary manslaughter, murder, intention, recklessness
Not revising at all: strict liability

What about you?
My teacher said the special study is non fatal offences against the person... Not theft as everyone previously said?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 403
Original post by curtisblackham
My teacher said the special study is non fatal offences against the person... Not theft as everyone previously said?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I dnt think its theft aswell
Original post by qr95
I dnt think its theft aswell

This doesn't affect our predictions for this exam ryt?
Original post by ArsenalWenger
This doesn't affect our predictions for this exam ryt?

No not at all tbh. NF OAP will likely come up in S b

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 406
Original post by curtisblackham
No not at all tbh. NF OAP will likely come up in S b

Posted from TSR Mobile

Idk what to prioritise property or non fatals before I was concentrating on property because I was misinformed regarding the special study

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by qr95
Idk what to prioritise property or non fatals before I was concentrating on property because I was misinformed regarding the special study

Posted from TSR Mobile

Honestly, I would say focus on them both since they're both such big topics. I think both will be on, but only one as a Q2. The only reason I'm missing out involuntary manslaughter (the other big topic) is because most of January's paper was on that so it's unlikely to repeat it entirely - but I'm doing it briefly still.
I don't have the special study paper for next year on me as I'm not taking it, but I've seen the AS student have theirs and it is definitely theft. This means there will be a lot of theft and probably robbery/burglary because in Jun 2014 they won't be able to ask it, in section A + B because they'll have done essays and cases on it in depth. SO Theft is highly,highly likely :smile:
Does anyone have the overall grade boundaries for the whole as/a2 level?
Reply 410
Original post by JLXP
Does anyone have the overall grade boundaries for the whole as/a2 level?

A - 320
B - 280
C - 240
D - 200
E - 160

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 411
Finally condensed all my booklets to 35 pages

Excluding : consent, strict liability, self defense, invol/vol manslaughter

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by qr95
A - 320
B - 280
C - 240
D - 200
E - 160

Posted from TSR Mobile

Perf, thanks.
so is theft likely to be section a or b?
if it was a id struggle to know wat to put for 50 marks :s-smilie:
Reply 414
Does anyone have an essay plan/ AO2 for non fatals?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 415
Theft section A would be so tough!!!!!!! Horrible a02

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 416
Is everyone ready then

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by aaf
Theft section A would be so tough!!!!!!! Horrible a02

Posted from TSR Mobile

But AO1 is easy!
Reply 418
Anyone have an essay plan for a question one on attempts?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone have any good condensed notes on each topic? Plus ao2 comments?

Would really help!!!!!!!

This is preventing me meeting my uni offer

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending