The Student Room Group

Please HELP!!

hi...erm...okay basically i have two weeks an 2 as-levels that i do not know anything about... i dont know how to revise and am currently on two U's (english and maths) please may you help me with techniques and tell me everything i need to know in english language?? :confused: :frown:
Original post by ThisIsAneesa
hi...erm...okay basically i have two weeks an 2 as-levels that i do not know anything about... i dont know how to revise and am currently on two U's (english and maths) please may you help me with techniques and tell me everything i need to know in english language?? :confused: :frown:

I don't know anything for English Lang but can help with advice on Maths.

First of all take a step back and chill. I take by two weeks you mean the Easter holidays? If so it is more than enough time to revise/study effectively for 2 AS's.

1) Complete all q's in the book + review exercises use the solution bank for aid
2) Do all past papers (1 a day that is 14 in papers 2 weeks).Time yourself.
3) Exam solutions is great for maths tutorials...search it up if you haven't already
4) And just study hard remembering maths is just practice

Everyone will tell you that there are different ways to revise. Yes that's true and it is unique to every individual. But to be absolutely honest you WILL NOT know what is good/bad for you in terms of study technique until you just put your head down and study. That way you will find out what works for you.

Forget about those U's and move on. Negativity will not help.

Good luck :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Gold Phoenix
I don't know anything for English Lang but can help with advice on Maths.

First of all take a step back and chill. I take by two weeks you mean the Easter holidays? If so it is more than enough time to revise/study effectively for 2 AS's.

1) Complete all q's in the book + review exercises use the solution bank for aid
2) Do all past papers (1 a day that is 14 in papers 2 weeks).Time yourself.
3) Exam solutions is great for maths tutorials...search it up if you haven't already
4) And just study hard remembering maths is just practice

Everyone will tell you that there are different ways to revise. Yes that's true and it is unique to every individual. But to be absolutely honest you WILL NOT know what is good/bad for you in terms of study technique until you just put your head down and study. That way you will find out what works for you.

Forget about those U's and move on. Negativity will not help.

Good luck :smile:

Thank you soo much!! the website is so helpful n i was not introduced to this by any teachers but find it really helpful...seriously!! and i'll try it with these techniques!! and again thanks!! :smile:
Original post by ThisIsAneesa
Thank you soo much!! the website is so helpful n i was not introduced to this by any teachers but find it really helpful...seriously!! and i'll try it with these techniques!! and again thanks!! :smile:

No probs.

All the best. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending