The Student Room Group

English Lit. AS

Hey guys :smile:

I do English for AS and have just handed in my coursework for good and it accounts for 40% of the grade. The thing is though, my teacher only let us do one draft while other classes did quite a few drafts so I'm not too confident :/ if I get a B in my coursework, will that ruin my chances of getting an A overall in my AS after doing the exam for the other 60%? I want to maybe to do English at uni, so I hope I can still get an A! :P

Thanks! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
Original post by brightnails
Hey guys :smile:

I do English for AS and have just handed in my coursework for good and it accounts for 40% of the grade. The thing is though, my teacher only let us do one draft while other classes did quite a few drafts so I'm not too confident :/ if I get a B in my coursework, will that ruin my chances of getting an A overall in my AS after doing the exam for the other 60%? I want to maybe to do English at uni, so I hope I can still get an A! :P

Thanks! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you can manage to get a good solid A in the exam, you will definitely be able to get an A overall. It will be slightly more difficult than if you had an A in the coursework. Why don't you speak to the head of department to see why some classes were allowed multiple re-drafts whereas you were hardly allowed any - it hardly seems fair?
Reply 2
Original post by luke2511
If you can manage to get a good solid A in the exam, you will definitely be able to get an A overall. It will be slightly more difficult than if you had an A in the coursework. Why don't you speak to the head of department to see why some classes were allowed multiple re-drafts whereas you were hardly allowed any - it hardly seems fair?

I'm aiming to get a high A in the exam to make sure I manage to get A overall. Thanks, I was stressing that even if I got an A in the exam, I'd still get a B! :smile: Yeah, it was pretty unfair but the deadline's already passed for handing in CW :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending