Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

Is a 6 weeks to a month a good time for revision? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I am a 1st Year Law LLB student. I have 6 weeks - a month to revise for three exams. Will I be able to revise all the content in the time period and pass the year? My revision technique is memorising and intense revision all day from say 12 in the afternoon to 8 in the evening with only 1/2 short breaks in between. Will I be able to do it? I am so worried. Also do you have any good revision techniques especially for a law student? What should I include in a good answer? It will be appreciated a lot. Thanks. Also, are any of you law students or know anyone who is? did you do intense revision and if you did or not, what grade did you get?

ReputationRep:
    Yes you can I give myself 8-6 weeks, to be honest, that is more than enough - I learn more in these six weeks that I do all year! don't burn yourself out as you have learnt it before it should be a doddle recalling it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daniel George)
    Yes you can I give myself 8-6 weeks, to be honest, that is more than enough - I learn more in these six weeks that I do all year! don't burn yourself out as you have learnt it before it should be a doddle recalling it!
    erm yeah about that.... towards the beginning of the year I used to go to lectures and seminars all the time but then towards xmas I became extremely lazy and hardly went in. Now exams are upon us and although I do understand bits and bats, I need to learn all the information rather than just 'go over' it. But last year when I was in college, I did attend all of my lessons but never went over anything or payed much attention, I learnt all the information myself in about 3 weeks and ended up with As and Bs so... I dunno :/
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ToTheTop)
    erm yeah about that.... towards the beginning of the year I used to go to lectures and seminars all the time but then towards xmas I became extremely lazy and hardly went in. Now exams are upon us and although I do understand bits and bats, I need to learn all the information rather than just 'go over' it. But last year when I was in college, I did attend all of my lessons but never went over anything or payed much attention, I learnt all the information myself in about 3 weeks and ended up with As and Bs so... I dunno :/
    I would say that time is tight but if you work efficiently then it shouldn't be too bad. Last year I ended up self teaching a couple of the big modules and although tough I did make it through Good luck!

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?
Useful revision links

Articles

Writing revision notes

Our top revision articles

Tips and advice on making the most of your study time.

Boomarked book

Superpowered study

Take the hard work out of revising with our masterplan.

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Can you help? Study Help unanswered threadsStudy Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.