The Student Room Group

Is 8 hours a day of revision for 7 days a week for 4 A levels Math,Biology ,chem,Econ

Bare in mind I don’t go school and exams are in June I am a private candidate how hard will it be for me to achieve 4 A* and is if realistic because for As I got 3Ds in chem bio maths but I never revised for exams like that so it was all back of my memory
so it’s been a month and I been revising for 8 hours a day every day of the week only had 2 days off this month but it was family problems so shouldn’t happen and my revision plan is impeccable I already know stuff outside the spec students don’t know about can I achieve 4A*s if I did so bad in As ?
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 1
Hi! It'd be a very good idea to do some past papers and end of topic tests as you're revising to see how you're getting on. You can find them on https://pmt.physicsandmathstutor.com/ or just search up your subject + exam board + 'past papers'. You can do the same for the grade boundaries (subject + exam board + 'grade boundaries') and see what you would have gotten if you sat that paper. If you've been doing that and getting A/A* then you should be ok! If not, just change your revision methods, you have plenty of time until your exam.

Just make sure you don't burn yourself out with 8hrs a day of revision as this might not be sustainable through the year and you don't want to do badly after working so hard! Pace yourself, you're gonna be fine and you'll get your A*s.
Have at least one day off each week, it's great that you're so motivated but you really don't want to burn yourself out. But yes, it's definitely possible with the amount of work you're putting in. Just keep going steadily (quality rather than quantity is key here!) and do as well as you can.
Reply 3
Original post by ff005
Hi! It'd be a very good idea to do some past papers and end of topic tests as you're revising to see how you're getting on. You can find them on https://pmt.physicsandmathstutor.com/ or just search up your subject + exam board + 'past papers'. You can do the same for the grade boundaries (subject + exam board + 'grade boundaries') and see what you would have gotten if you sat that paper. If you've been doing that and getting A/A* then you should be ok! If not, just change your revision methods, you have plenty of time until your exam.

Just make sure you don't burn yourself out with 8hrs a day of revision as this might not be sustainable through the year and you don't want to do badly after working so hard! Pace yourself, you're gonna be fine and you'll get your A*s.

Man I am not even revsing like that I am doing questions the whole 8 hours if I don’t understand anything I watch a vid or two but idk how yours saying 8 hours isn’t sustainable I was thinking is 8 hours even enough just thinking about how bad I did in As 😭😭 I was honestly surprised because normally I would get ABBB if I don’t revise much but not Ds
made me look like a moron I might try do 10 hours
a day first 5 just content and the other 5 just practice
Reply 4
Original post by furryface12
Have at least one day off each week, it's great that you're so motivated but you really don't want to burn yourself out. But yes, it's definitely possible with the amount of work you're putting in. Just keep going steadily (quality rather than quantity is key here!) and do as well as you can.

How will I burn myself out it’s 8 hours a day I have 24 hours a day so 6 hours sleep 10 hours left take two for GYM and 3 hours to rest in between my 8 hours of studying ( if I can afford that ) so I have 5 hours left with this I can do what ever I want will probably read books and have 3 hours for screen time ( I am trying to do this but it’s hard my phone ,TV , laptop got YTB and Netflix 😅)
Reply 5
Original post by GOATCR7
Man I am not even revsing like that I am doing questions the whole 8 hours if I don’t understand anything I watch a vid or two but idk how yours saying 8 hours isn’t sustainable I was thinking is 8 hours even enough just thinking about how bad I did in As 😭😭 I was honestly surprised because normally I would get ABBB if I don’t revise much but not Ds
made me look like a moron I might try do 10 hours
a day first 5 just content and the other 5 just practice

I think we all misunderstood, I didn't realise you didn't go to school! I'd still say 8hrs is a good amount though, keeping in mind in school A-Level Contact hours are 8/9 per subject (obviously spread over the week) so you could do 8 x 4 = 32/5 = 6hrs of like 'lessons' where you cover content with your videos, textbooks and questions and then you're expected to do work in your own time so the remainder of your 2hrs could be used more efficiently in exam questions and past papers because those are what will get you high grades. I think we all assumed 8hrs a day on top of lessons in school (because sometimes in Post16 you only do morning lessons, for example, so you could squeeze in the 8hrs in the rest of the day).

Quick Reply

Latest