The Student Room Group

OCR Gateway Physics P4P5P6 - 18/06/13

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ryanb97
So im thinking this is everyones last exam :smug:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nope, still got 2 further maths gcse ones and like others, statistics next Monday :smile:
Original post by Zippyzazu
I thought it was much easier than the specimen :tongue: overall I think chemistry was easiest and biology was hardest, what about you?
Yeah I got 56 for part A then somehow 36 for part B however I never really understood those motion equations lol so hopefully I get at least 2 marks for it :smile: what outputs did you put for the logic gates? I got 0010 :smile:

I thought biology was the easiest and chemistry to be the most difficult (but still fairly easy) , mainly because I didn't have much time to revise for chemistry :colondollar:

Can't remember that question on logic gates...where was it in the exam paper (was it just after the find the resistance in the parallel circuit question)? :cool:
Original post by Zippyzazu
Nope, still got 2 further maths gcse ones and like others, statistics next Monday :smile:

Is that statistics with Edexcel (sorry if I've asked you before but I don't think I have :colondollar:)? :cool:
1.Physics
2.Chemistry
3.Biology

In order of difficulty IMO
Reply 584
I thought that was an exam, not a newspaper! What the hell was that crossword there for?!

:lol:
1. Chemistry
2. Biology
3. Physics

In order of difficulty 1-3. But only results day will tell :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 586
On a more serious note I'll try to remember all my calculation answers, can you guys tell me if you got the same/different? Thanks

Current in length of wire test thing at 1.0m : 0.15 amps
Next part about drawing a thinner wire result it on the graph: basically twice the gradient

Skydiver: 56m/s speed, then 180m that he fell

Speed of light in water: approximately 225 million m/s

Resistors in parallel: 1/12th of an ohm

Filling in logic circuit: ALL 0s

Transformer: 46 turns on the primary coil, 1 turn on the secondary coil

Section D

I said Steve was wrong because I worked out the breaking distance increased by approximately 30% which is not double 34%

I got about 30,000km before the tread wore down too much

Tell me what you got guys :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
Reply 587
Original post by andersson
On a more serious note I'll try to remember all my calculation answers, can you guys tell me if you got the same/different? Thanks

Next part about drawing a thinner wire result it on the graph: basically twice the gradient

Section D

I said Steve was wrong because I worked out the breaking distance increased by approximately 30% which is not double 34%

Of the ones I can remember I think I got the same as you other than the logic circuit. It was 00100 I'm pretty sure. I also got 12/13ths:

1/(1/2+1/3+1/4) = 12/13 ohms
Reply 588
Original post by cameron262
Of the ones I can remember I think I got the same as you other than the logic circuit. It was 00100 I'm pretty sure. I also got 12/13ths:

1/(1/2+1/3+1/4) = 12/13 ohms

But for all of the logic circuit ones you had to fill in the NOT gate was supplied with a 1, so it would output a 0 and therefore the AND gate wouldn't get two inputs to turn on the fan.

Yeah, I think I got that one wrong. I never really revised resistor in parallel calculations.

Section D

all the same but I got 12/13 ohms or 0.92 ohms

and on the transformer one I SWEAR the equation you needed was Vp x Ip = Vs x Is since they gave you current and voltage but nothing to do with turns
Reply 590
But for all of the logic circuit ones you had to fill in the NOT gate was supplied with a 1, so it would output a 0 and therefore the AND gate wouldn't get two inputs to turn on the fan.

Yeah, I think I got that one wrong. I never really revised resistor in parallel calculations.

Yeah I did that, maybe I did get it wrong but I think I was pretty sure at the time... unless we are talking about a different question. I'm a bit confused actually haha.
Original post by BP_Tranquility
I thought biology was the easiest and chemistry to be the most difficult (but still fairly easy) , mainly because I didn't have much time to revise for chemistry :colondollar:

Can't remember that question on logic gates...where was it in the exam paper (was it just after the find the resistance in the parallel circuit question)? :cool:

Haha I don't remember where abouts it was, but the question below it on the page was to do with the fan and different conditions :tongue:
Reply 592
Original post by NatashaG

and on the transformer one I SWEAR the equation you needed was Vp x Ip = Vs x Is since they gave you current and voltage but nothing to do with turns

It was a 6 mark question (I think..), I wrote that equation too but because they asked for a diagram I assumed they wanted a coil turn ratio too.
Reply 593
What do you guys think they grade boundaries will be like?
Original post by BP_Tranquility
Is that statistics with Edexcel (sorry if I've asked you before but I don't think I have :colondollar:)? :cool:

You haven't lol :smile: but nope it's with aqa :smile:
Reply 595

Hey everyone, hope the exam went well for you. I got that as well because I thought that it needed a 1 on the NOT or else input = 0 However I did get 12/13 ohms as you had to find the reciprocal of 13/12?
Reply 596
Original post by NatashaG

I did Vp/Vs = Np/Ns, and 230/5 was 46 over 1... Not sure if that was right
Reply 597
Original post by Jed_Singh
Hey everyone, hope the exam went well for you. I got that as well because I thought that it needed a 1 on the NOT or else input = 0 However I did get 12/13 ohms as you had to find the reciprocal of 13/12?

I got the 13/12 but for some reason I divided 1 by the denominator and got 1/12th, don't ask why...
Reply 598
W to the T to the F!

the last 6 marker I was just sitting there like :O
Reply 599
I got the 13/12 but for some reason I divided 1 by the denominator and got 1/12th, don't ask why...

Aha, I'm sure you did great overall though, it is only a 2 mark question after all

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending