The Student Room Group

How to apply knowledge in biology exam?

I revise it, do past papers, look at mark schemes etc. I've even retaken the exam but I am just not passing. I find it incredibly difficult to even get a C.
All because I cannot apply my knowledge :frown: someone please help me, the wording in the exam gets to me and this is my last chance to pass it. I've already failed it so so many times!

Exam board: OCR ( its so petty, I hate the exam board! )
I will send out all my heartfelt love to anyone who attempts to help this miserable soul!

i posted a question in the biology section twice, so just ignore the other one. Thanks :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1
Just learn how to apply the concept. It's in your mind; why not take it out. I've learned that a debate always helps; why not try that?
Reply 2
What I mean by debating is trying to solve problems others face. Take two problems from your OCR book or two from past papers that seem to present the same concept. Now start linking the. At one stage, you'll come up with a common relationship. Use that common conceptual relationship in all questions of the kind.
Reply 3
Original post by Dynamo123
What I mean by debating is trying to solve problems others face. Take two problems from your OCR book or two from past papers that seem to present the same concept. Now start linking the. At one stage, you'll come up with a common relationship. Use that common conceptual relationship in all questions of the kind.

Thank you :smile: I'll see how it goes!
tbh OCR sucks. But AQA is in a different world of sucking aha.
Reply 5
Application is my worst enemy in biology .Knowledge wise I think I get it but application kills me off.When I look at the mark scheme it's like "that's easy why didn't I think of that" :|

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by chelley2
Application is my worst enemy in biology .Knowledge wise I think I get it but application kills me off.When I look at the mark scheme it's like "that's easy why didn't I think of that" :|

Posted from TSR Mobile

how do you get better at doing at answering application questions

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending