The Student Room Group

Imperial Year 11 Summer School

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by ryanb97
FINALLYY!!!!!!

Have you returned all the information pack stuff that they sent.....?

Ryan

I'm going too! :-) but I'm in the biology strand.. my best friend is in chemistry.
Reply 21
Original post by GXO
I'm going too! :-) but I'm in the biology strand.. my best friend is in chemistry.

Cool

What are you doing next year /// What do you want to go in ?

Me -- Hopeful medic :biggrin:

Ryan
Reply 22
Original post by ryanb97
FINALLYY!!!!!!

Have you returned all the information pack stuff that they sent.....?

Ryan

Yes I have! I suppose that we have nothing left to do, apart from going to London, that is. Well, let's see if the summer school is interesting and I look forward to meeting you there :smile:. If you want to, we can send private messages instead of posting in the thread...

Eddy.

PS. I'll send you a private message with my e-mail too.
Reply 23
Original post by ryanb97
Cool

What are you doing next year /// What do you want to go in ?

Me -- Hopeful medic :biggrin:

Ryan

Snap! Lol. Although with the GCSE results I think I'll be getting, It's going to be extremely hard :/
I did a summer school at imperial a few years ago, it's really fun and you'll learn a lot - not just about the course but about the college as well :smile:
Reply 25
I am going to this summer school for Chemistry too! Starting 22nd right?
Reply 26
Soon to be an imperial medic 2013, it's a great Uni and London is fantastic, especially South Kensington. If you are allowed to do so, be sure to check out the Natural History and Science Museums which will be very close to you i.e 2-4 minutes.

Have fun and make the most of this guys.
Reply 27
Original post by Sano16

Yeppp that means there are 3 of us doing chemistry :biggrin: :biggrin:

Original post by scapepower
Soon to be an imperial medic 2013, it's a great Uni and London is fantastic, especially South Kensington. If you are allowed to do so, be sure to check out the Natural History and Science Museums which will be very close to you i.e 2-4 minutes.

Have fun and make the most of this guys.

We are in the SK Campus ..i dont think we will be allowed out though ..Oh well it should be fun though :smile:

Ryan
Reply 28
Original post by ryanb97
Yeppp that means there are 3 of us doing chemistry :biggrin: :biggrin:

Hey, hey, hey, one second... mine begins the 12th! When I first read it I thought that it was a typo, but then you said yours started the 22nd too. :s-smilie: :frown: I have already checked and mine does begin the 12th. By the way, ryan, I was born in 1997 too, so it can't be that.
Reply 29
Original post by Eddygp
Hey, hey, hey, one second... mine begins the 12th! When I first read it I thought that it was a typo, but then you said yours started the 22nd too. :s-smilie: :frown: I have already checked and mine does begin the 12th. By the way, ryan, I was born in 1997 too, so it can't be that.

This is the one me and Sano16 are going to, i believe :

http://www3.imperial.ac.uk/newsandeventspggrp/imperialcollege/administration/outreach/eventssummary/event_18-12-2012-13-29-55

Hbu then ? ? ?

Ryan
Reply 30

Mine begins on the 22nd too 😁😁

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 31
Original post by GXO
Mine begins on the 22nd too

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeppp

What do you think will happen there in terms of the learning side.... there isnt any decent info they have provided yet
I know bio and chem will be a bit different (maybe a lol :biggrin: ) .. but do you have some indication ?

On a personal note..i think it will be a little project..then on the friday we share the project ? ? -- i am not sure though

Ryan
Reply 32
Original post by ryanb97
Yeppp

What do you think will happen there in terms of the learning side.... there isnt any decent info they have provided yet
I know bio and chem will be a bit different (maybe a lol :biggrin: ) .. but do you have some indication ?

On a personal note..i think it will be a little project..then on the friday we share the project ? ? -- i am not sure though

Ryan

I'm not sure myself 😁 Have you been to any other exscitec courses? I've been to a few and once when I went on this two day course, for biology they made us dissect a mouse and do titrations for chemistry, which was in the syllabus for our triple science GCSE.. So I guess there'd be some stuff from the A-level syllabus?

But yeah apparently there's a presentation on Friday that we have to give and a bit where we do sports? Lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 33
Original post by GXO
I'm not sure myself Have you been to any other exscitec courses? I've been to a few and once when I went on this two day course, for biology they made us dissect a mouse and do titrations for chemistry, which was in the syllabus for our triple science GCSE.. So I guess there'd be some stuff from the A-level syllabus?

But yeah apparently there's a presentation on Friday that we have to give and a bit where we do sports? Lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nope this is my 1st one :biggrin:

How did you disect a mouse ... well ... i know how but...
i am squimishh lol

i couldnt do something like that :confused:

Yeah ia m guessing so.. hopefully it will be good though
I know titrations is in AS syllabi

Sports ? -- Where did you hear that .. i am nearly packed and i dont like sports .. except for swimming :biggrin:

Ryan
anyone doing the particle physics course?
Reply 35
Original post by GXO

Original post by Sano16

So are you ready ? ? ?

i am really excited tbh :biggrin::biggrin:

Ryan
I never heard about this! I only knew about the Year 12 summer schools gah.
I just looked through the few Universities which offer summer schools in Year 11 and the applications have already closed. :cry:
Reply 37
Soo

Did you guys go ???
I am not too sure i met all of you ... Where are you on the pic?

I was ryan b ... as a wild guess :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 38
I'm going this year :smile:
Reply 39
Was it good? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest