The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

By the way , I read someone say do you think the average will be up this year, personally I don't its a standardized test, just remember If you're on this forum and you have 600-650, people arn't gonna be posting bad scores on here so the more you read the more its going to upset you whereas in truth you have a strong score, In Scotland anyway, UKCAT is never really more than 20% of the application so if you have that 630-650 mark don't freak out at people boasting their awesome marks on here :P You have a good score and above average. However whilst accepting that 630-650 is good score, you will require strengths either academic grades or interview to compete with high scorers, Good Luck
Any last minute tips for VR and QR? I have mine tomorrow and I am REALLY worried :'( those sections are terribly low on all my practices and I keep running out of time... hoping for some miracle tomorrow!
Reply 10622
I did mine today and got 707.5 and band 1. I wasn't expecting it at all. My advice would be to stay calm throughout. I know it's easy to say now but if you're relaxed you will do much better. Take the 1 minute in between to take some breaths and just prepare yourself for the next section. Even if you think one section went badly don't dwell on it. Forget about it and move on. You will probably do better than you think and you can always make up for it in other sections.
QR is a lot easier than the practice tests. I got answers for most questions but ran out of time and had to quickly guess around 12-14. Still got a really good score though so don't worry.
I can't remember my exact mock scores but they were something like:
Medify easy 680
Medify medium 702
Medify hard 666
Official 1 615
Official 2 620.
Make sure ou have a good breakfast, drink water and are well rested. Plus go to the toilet beforehand!
Best of luck to anyone who has yet to do the exam.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Did mine today. Seriously guys don't stress, just try and relax. Here are my mock scores as they might help u lighten up :

Medify easy 60%
Medium 64%
Hard 58%

Kaplan mock. 588
Official mock 1 58% overall
Official mock 2. 52% overall

600 book: 520 ( thereabouts)

In my test I got :
VR 550
QR 760
AR. 900
DA 840
Overall 762.5
SJT band 2

Seriously u will do so much better on ur actual test so don't worry :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
No u didnt. I was in tears and worked hard and got 585. And i was getting higher marks in the mock. I think its the nature of the test.
My lowest was da.... I struggled with that as i am dyslexic. I did study hard. And ar i got 700. Which was my highest .:facepalm: so
Reply 10626
Original post by christmas777
My lowest was da.... I struggled with that as i am dyslexic. I did study hard. And ar i got 700. Which was my highest .:facepalm: so

Hey don't worry :smile: you can apply to non-UKCAT unis! There are many to choose from.

Best of luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10627
This thread has reached 10,000 replies and has been closed. Please continue discussion in the part II thread: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2481647

Latest

Trending

Trending