The Student Room Group

Which GCSE exam requires the most revision?

For me, it's History. But I'm curious which exams may have more content to revise, as Sociology and History seem to be taking up most of my revision time so far. :tongue:

Scroll to see replies

im doing history as well and i agree with you. history is definitely the most you need to revise for.
Reply 2
Yup definitely history
Reply 3
um I haven't started revising for all subjects yet but geography will be one of the most revised
Reply 4
For me, it's definitely the three sciences and History!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
History does take up a lot of time but the subject that takes up the most for me is, Chemistry! I find it really hard to remember all the experiments and equations :frown: Or maybe I'm just too lazy..:colondollar:
Reply 6
For me, it's maths. Because I remember it and then it's glorious but as soon as I move away from it - I forget most of what I remembered. But maths was important for me to get a good grade whereas others may just have left it.
It was maths for me.
Reply 8
Science
Reply 9
Definitely Citizenship. The teacher I've got as well doesn't help, because she rushes through everything which just makes you even more stressed about it so I feel like I need to revise more :/
Reply 10
Original post by Hazllye
Definitely Citizenship. The teacher I've got as well doesn't help, because she rushes through everything which just makes you even more stressed about it so I feel like I need to revise more :/

Ah, I find that too. Our exam for it is on the 17th, and we haven't been given any information whatsoever But it's so much effort for only a half GCSE, which is supposedly ignored by many colleges/universities anyway.
Reply 11
I feel like I'm the only person who didn't take history, it seems that most people I see have taken history.
Hmm, I guess Philosophy and Ethics just 'cause you have to remember so many opinions and bible quotes and stuff, although I'm not bothering to revise too much for it as it's pretty useless. Saying that, the exams are pretty easy if you know your stuff.
Reply 12
Original post by Okkefac
I feel like I'm the only person who didn't take history, it seems that most people I see have taken history.
Hmm, I guess Philosophy and Ethics just 'cause you have to remember so many opinions and bible quotes and stuff, although I'm not bothering to revise too much for it as it's pretty useless. Saying that, the exams are pretty easy if you know your stuff.

Is that at GCSE level? I go to a state school, and they don't offer the course until Sixth Form. But I'm taking it as an A-Level, do you think on the whole it's worth taking or not? Based on your experience at GCSE
Reply 13
Geography is hugely time consuming, with all the case studies!
Reply 14
Original post by Knowlesracka
Is that at GCSE level? I go to a state school, and they don't offer the course until Sixth Form. But I'm taking it as an A-Level, do you think on the whole it's worth taking or not? Based on your experience at GCSE

Yep, it's to GCSE level.
It depends on what you're interested in really.
Philosophy is using different arguments for different opinions and backing them up, often touching on philosophical issues. Ours are mostly religion based, I have no idea how this would work at A levels however. It's questions such as explain different attitudes towards God's existence. Or argue different points of view on the creation of the universe. I believe that at A level it's slightly different, but if you're interested in how people think and arguing points for and against different issues (which I think is what we're supposed to be doing) then you could look into it more. But I think A level is completely different to GCSEs, so if you're interested you should read about the A level courses more :smile:

Sorry if my answer isn't what you were expecting or not good enough or something, XD.
Geography is a ***** to revise for, same with the 3 sciences...
I believe History and Maths are the most time consuming i would say science but im btec lol
Reply 17
Psychology - absolutely no exam technique required at all; it's just 100% textbook vomit.
I think are the science especial if you ar doing triple award
Geography and History for definite like others have said, especially the case studies. Triple Science was definitely a mountain of revision too.

Quick Reply

Latest