The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Good luck to everyone taking GCSE French on Monday! I remember being frustrated last year because French was my first exam and was quite early! One year on, I have my AS French exam next tuesday!

The only advice i can offer you is make sure you're confident with vocabulary, if there are any words that you don't understand whilst doing papers. It may be useful for you to translate that word as there is a likelihood that it may come up again :smile:

Bonne chance!
Reply 181
Hi guys,
Doing the exam on Monday too. :s-smilie:

I'm not too sure about how I'm going to don on reading, I did some AQA Higher papers, I got about an average of 26+ in all of them. Not great, I know. Any tips?

Does anyone have any links for the AQA Listening MP3 Audio's? I'd appreciate it a lot.

I got an A for speaking which I'm pretty happy with,
Got an B+ for Writing - Though my teacher said she was marking it harshly.

I'm aiming for B/A+ Overall. Fingers Crossed.
Reply 182
Does anyone have the AQA Jan 2013?
Original post by Elm Tree
It must be done! :fuhrer:

Some other time :lol:

Lol :biggrin:
Original post by Khronus
Hi guys,

I'm not too sure about how I'm going to don on reading, I did some AQA Higher papers, I got about an average of 26+ in all of them. Not great, I know. Any tips?

Does anyone have any links for the AQA Listening MP3 Audio's? I'd appreciate it a lot.

http://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/french/gcse/french-4655/past-papers-and-mark-schemes I think this is it, scroll down to the bottom and they should be there for each date, hope it helped :smile:
Original post by Hero-H
Good luck to everyone taking GCSE French on Monday! I remember being frustrated last year because French was my first exam and was quite early! One year on, I have my AS French exam next tuesday!

The only advice i can offer you is make sure you're confident with vocabulary, if there are any words that you don't understand whilst doing papers. It may be useful for you to translate that word as there is a likelihood that it may come up again :smile:

Bonne chance!

Thank you, and bonne chance to you as well :smile:
Reply 186
Thanks a lot man, this should help a lot. :biggrin:
Hopefully, I can get my listening out of the way an concentrate on reading vocab :smile:

Good Luck everyone!

Bonne Chance!
Reply 187
Original post by Khronus
Hi guys,

26 is great, almost always an A!

Here are the links for listenings

http://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/french/gcse/french-4655/past-papers-and-mark-schemes#listening
Reply 188
Original post by gomg
26 is great, almost always an A!

Here are the links for listenings

http://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/french/gcse/french-4655/past-papers-and-mark-schemes#listening

26 is A? Really? Thank God! I was getting so worried, thinking it was a C :biggrin:.
Is it possible to get a Grade B overall even if I do A Foundation Listening Paper?
For some reason, I've been entered for Higher Reading and Foundation Listening.
Reply 189
Original post by gomg
TWO DAYS TO GO!

wooooooo
Reply 190
Original post by Khronus
26 is A? Really? Thank God! I was getting so worried, thinking it was a C :biggrin:.
Is it possible to get a Grade B overall even if I do A Foundation Listening Paper?
For some reason, I've been entered for Higher Reading and Foundation Listening.

It's normally around 25/26 on foundation for a C, on higher it for about an A or low B. But the grade boundaries vary all the time, on one paper I did it was just 28 for an A* because it was so hard.

That happened with some people in my class to, as long as your coursework grades are A/B and you get at least a B in reading and high C in listening, you will definitely be able to get a B
Original post by Khronus
Thanks a lot man, this should help a lot. :biggrin:
Hopefully, I can get my listening out of the way an concentrate on reading vocab :smile:

Good Luck everyone!

Bonne Chance!

No problem, and yep vocab is a life saver. Bonne chance to you too! :biggrin:
In 42 hours I'll be completely done with French permanently, happy and quite scary! :eek3:
Reply 193
Original post by JustaDreamer
Haha, I think to myself that I'm good at French, but then I realise how fluent French people would actually speak :rolleyes: That explanation was fine! :smile:

Well you're probably good at French for GCSE, they don't expect you to be fluent! Is it just me or are the grade boundaries almost always really low?
Original post by Vionar
Well you're probably good at French for GCSE, they don't expect you to be fluent! Is it just me or are the grade boundaries almost always really low?

:shock: No! :wink: Well, they're medium for the exams, but they're really high for the coursework
Original post by Vionar

Yeah I wouldn't say they're hard to achieve, but personally I wouldn't label them as easy :colondollar: But yeah I've never found a paper with particularly high boundaries
Original post by MattFletcher
:shock: No! :wink: Well, they're medium for the exams, but they're really high for the coursework

Oh yeah definitely this though :K:
Reply 197

Really? I thought they were quite low except for the ones with boundaries of about 35ish for an A*! The coursework ones aren't really high, but AQA's English language speaking and listening - 15/15 for an A*! :eek:

Yeah I wouldn't say they're hard to achieve, but personally I wouldn't label them as easy :colondollar: But yeah I've never found a paper with particularly high boundaries

I think they're quite low most of the time plus see above bit! ^^^
Oh yeah definitely this though :K:

Original post by Vionar
Really? I thought they were quite low except for the ones with boundaries of about 35ish for an A*!

Our coursework was marked out of 30, you needed 26 for an A, 28 for an A*. 87% (Nearly) for an A is steep.
Reply 199
Our coursework was marked out of 30, you needed 26 for an A, 28 for an A*. 87% (Nearly) for an A is steep.

No, I meant that I thought the exam boundaries are quite low! I was pretty sure it was 27 for an A* last time I checked, let me check again!

EDIT: Well technically it's 27.5 for an A*, so you're right it's basically 28. The boundaries for coursework are quite steep then!
(edited 10 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending