The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by gomg
This year my listening exam is going to be in the drama studio because last years Spanish listening went terribly as there was an echo in the sports hall!! (They all got D and below and have to retake the exams)

Similar situaion with our school bell. That's my excuse anyway.:wink:
Reply 81
Original post by dandaman7771
Ever used a linguistics website where you navigate round by clicking on planets etc?

Got all curious now. It was back in Y8 German classes when we used it.

Never, only ever used linguascope for spanish and french and it did me well
Reply 82
Original post by gomg
Your school has to pay for it unfortunately, do the have SAM learning?

Again, never heard of it but i'll ask about the two sites in school tomorrow.
What were everyone's reaons for taking French in the first place?

I was made to in order to obtain the English Baccalaureate. Is it even going to mean anything for us in the future or not? I hope it does after this.
Reply 84
Guys please suggest common infinitives for my flashcards! (Which you can all use!)

http://getrevising.co.uk/revision-tests/common_french_infinitives
Reply 85
Original post by gomg
Never, only ever used linguascope for spanish and french and it did me well

Really? We have used linguascope before and I don't find it useful at all. If anything, I found it more of a distraction.
Reply 86
What were everyone's reaons for taking French in the first place?

I was made to in order to obtain the English Baccalaureate. Is it even going to mean anything for us in the future or not? I hope it does after this.

I chose it because I did spanish from year 7 to 9 and even though I was good at it, found it very boring so changed to french which I enjoy so much!

Whether it will mean anything to you in the future depends, it depends on your career, even if it doesn't help it's good to have a MFL!
Original post by Decerto
Really? We have used linguascope before and I don't find it useful at all. If anything, I found it more of a distraction.

Same. SAM Learning as well.
Reply 88
Original post by Decerto

It's okay for memorising basic vocab but definitely not my main source of revision
Reply 89
Original post by gomg
Guys please suggest common infinitives for my flashcards! (Which you can all use!)

http://getrevising.co.uk/revision-tests/common_french_infinitives

Thank you. I'm just going through them and saying the verb in English.

I bet my mum thinks I am going crazy or something... :tongue:
Reply 90
Same. SAM Learning as well.

sam learning is great for french (mainly listening) but rubbish for other subjects I HAVE 20,000 points on it woooo
GOOD LUCK EVERYONE! (Or should I say 'Bonne chance?') I can't really add anything new, but I'm just going to say that highlighting unknown words from past papers and learning their definitions has been the biggest help pour moi! :biggrin:
Reply 92
Original post by JustaDreamer
GOOD LUCK EVERYONE! (Or should I say 'Bonne chance?') I can't really add anything new, but I'm just going to say that highlighting unknown words from past papers and learning their definitions has been the biggest help pour moi! :biggrin:

To add onto this, if you do a listening past paper get hold of the transcript and highlight unknown words and learn them!!
BBC bitesize > languages > french > clips
excellent for writing, listening, reading and speaking exams, can easily just copy straight from them!

Good luck!
Original post by gomg
To add onto this, if you do a listening past paper get hold of the transcript and highlight unknown words and learn them!!

Oh yeah, I've been doing that as well, but I forgot to add that in. Thanks anyway! :smile:
Reply 95
Has anyone got the mark scheme for higher reading, Jan 2013 on AQA? Would be appreciated :smile:
Reply 96
How did everyone do on the Edexcel IGCSE Listening paper that was yesterday (8th may)?
I'm doing the exams on Monday too, with WJEC. I don't really like their board though and we've done a lot of AQA past papers for practice which I much preferred. WJEC tend to have easier questions and less unknown vocab, but their boundaries are so high as a result so even slight mistakes can affect an entire grade. Once it was 38/40 for an A* yet with AQA you could drop around 10 marks! But hopefully I'll still do ok and hopefully if I relax in the exam I'll be able to think best. We actually get a whole French revision period before the lesson which is nice.

I think I only need to get 2 A's to get an A* overall because I got full marks in the controlled assessment. I love French though (and Spanish too) so I'm quite happy to start with one of my most preferred exams!
Reply 98
Im dreading this exam with AQA, our school has done everything to prepare us but we still feel helpless and unsure as to what we are doing. Hopefully the paper is easy!
Reply 99
Original post by Arkay
Has anyone got the mark scheme for higher reading, Jan 2013 on AQA? Would be appreciated :smile:

http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/subjects/AQA-46552H-W-MS-JAN12.PDF

Latest

Trending

Trending