The Student Room Group

i need your opinions on edexcel AS level french

hellooo! im just wondering what AS Level french is like

what are the topics which you study? (and the sub-topics in them)

how deep do you go into the topics??

how interesting do you find the topics?

and finally, what dont you like about it?

by the way, my college does edexcel

thanks in advance :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1
Well for AS French it is basically just a step up from GCSE French. It is hard though compared to the French GCSE- even me being half French I found it so hard.

Just get the basics right and you'll be fine- I never knew the basics in fact I knew the more complicated stuff hence why it is so hard for me.
hey, im currently doing AQA now
i never knew there would be so much arguing and essay writing to do, so im not really liking it :frown:

from september to january, i had to rely on my tutor since my sixth form doesnt offer the subject
in january,i decided to stop the tuition
from april till now,the school sixth form has been paying another tutor for me and 3 others

i thought i would like french and my AS would be a good way to learn the language
but ever since september, i havent liked it so much

i plan to transfer from my current school sixth form to a sixth form college in september
the college does edexcel and im redoing the AS qualification
Reply 3
Original post by Infinity_4652
hey, im currently doing AQA now
i never knew there would be so much arguing and essay writing to do, so im not really liking it :frown:

from september to january, i had to rely on my tutor since my sixth form doesnt offer the subject
in january,i decided to stop the tuition
from april till now,the school sixth form has been paying another tutor for me and 3 others

i thought i would like french and my AS would be a good way to learn the language
but ever since september, i havent liked it so much

i plan to transfer from my current school sixth form to a sixth form college in september
the college does edexcel and im redoing the AS qualification

Sorry for the really late reply! If you are having problems with the AQA spec I don't think AS French is for you- because AQA is the easiest exam board (it is just common knowledge). But don't worry if you feel like it is going to be really hard just practise nonstop this summer and then maybe it'll get easier for you.

I'm half French and I am fluent in French but when I was doing the AS and A2 for French I really started to develop a sour taste to the language. However, I still persisted and tried as hard as I could even though I was very close to hating the language with a passion. In the end though, my abilities in French had vastly improved and now I'm able to speak Fremch a lot better. The hard work is really paid off when you are able to have a conversation with someone in French.

I love the French language now, when I visit my grandma in France I love being able just to speak French as if it is second nature than having to pause every 5 seconds to pause and think about what I have to say next.

Whatever happens in the end though I wish you the best of luck.

Just remember that the more you practise- the better you'll get in French.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by amph0ra
Sorry for the really late reply! If you are having problems with the AQA spec I don't think AS French is for you- because AQA is the easiest exam board (it is just common knowledge). But don't worry if you feel like it is going to be really hard just practise nonstop this summer and then maybe it'll get easier for you.

I'm half French and I am fluent in French but when I was doing the AS and A2 for French I really started to develop a sour taste to the language. However, I still persisted and tried as hard as I could even though I was very close to hating the language with a passion. In the end though, my abilities in French had vastly improved and now I'm able to speak Fremch a lot better. The hard work is really paid off when you are able to have a conversation with someone in French.

I love the French language now, when I visit my grandma in France I love being able just to speak French as if it is second nature than having to pause every 5 seconds to pause and think about what I have to say next.

Whatever happens in the end though I wish you the best of luck.

Just remember that the more you practise- the better you'll get in French.

Posted from TSR Mobile

thanks!! :smile: youre amazing!

btw, im half mauritiun aswell
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by Infinity_4652
thanks!! :smile: youre amazing!

btw, im half mauritiun aswell

Ahaha no problem! I'm really not amazing but thank you!

Oh aha I take it that someone was stalking my profile?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by amph0ra

Oh aha I take it that someone was stalking my profile?

Lol :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending