The Student Room Group

Do you enjoy Physics in AS and A2?

Hello everyone. :smile:

I just wanted to ask how people find Physics in AS and A2 level. I am choosing it next year - So i just wanted your opinion. :biggrin:

1)What are the topics like?
2)What is not good about it?
3)What is enjoyable about it?

And anything else you would like to add.

-----------------------

Fahima.
Reply 1
Original post by MsFahima
Hello everyone. :smile:

I just wanted to ask how people find Physics in AS and A2 level. I am choosing it next year - So i just wanted your opinion. :biggrin:

1)What are the topics like?
2)What is not good about it?
3)What is enjoyable about it?

And anything else you would like to add.

-----------------------

Fahima.

I've done AS Physics now. It's an interesting course where you have to actually understand the content. I love the calculations in it. I just hate DC electricity like above poster and my lazy teacher. It actually makes you think and is quite cool. Some questions bring physics to the real world by applying it and you think wow! :biggrin:
Original post by krisshP
I've done AS Physics now. It's an interesting course where you have to actually understand the content. I love the calculations in it. I just hate DC electricity like above poster and my lazy teacher. It actually makes you think and is quite cool. Some questions bring physics to the real world by applying it and you think wow! :biggrin:

This has reassured me that I should definitely choose physics now thanks ! :smile:
Reply 3
Cool! I am looking forward to learning more Physics. :biggrin: People really tend to say that "It's sooo hard". Even i'm not the best - but since it interests me, I am choosing it. Thanks for sharing your view :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by krisshP

Hmm, interesting. I love also love calculations at GCSE at the moment - looking forward to more next year! :cool: I have realised that most things boil down to Physics. Thanks for sharing your opinion :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by MsFahima
Hmm, interesting. I love also love calculations at GCSE at the moment - looking forward to more next year! :cool: I have realised that most things boil down to Physics. Thanks for sharing your opinion :smile:

Take Physics! It is great! I chose it as a 4th AS because I wasn't too sure of what to do, and am now accepted onto a Theoretical Physics course at uni.

It is very interesting, and whilst calculations are nice and all, you won't know what calculations to do without understanding in detail the topics involved. If you can get the hang of it though it is a real eye opener to the world around you.
Reply 6
Thanks for all the encouragement :smile:
Original post by YThursday
Take Physics! It is great! I chose it as a 4th AS because I wasn't too sure of what to do, and am now accepted onto a Theoretical Physics course at uni.

It is very interesting, and whilst calculations are nice and all, you won't know what calculations to do without understanding in detail the topics involved. If you can get the hang of it though it is a real eye opener to the world around you.

Quantum physics is really interesting!
I hate the electricity questions though...pretty boring and pointless.
Im really glad I took physics as I would have missed out on some amazing concepts if I hadnt.
I'd definitely recommend you to take physics xD

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
I did AS and A2 Edexcel physics. I must admit that the first half of the AS course (Mechanics, Fluid dynamics and Materials) was a little dull and very hard for me, and I didn't do very well in that. Once I got past that half, though, I found the topics that followed incredibly entertaining! Just as long as you know how to use the multitudes of equations, you'll be fine! :smile:
Reply 10
I Have a love hate relationship with Physics

Quick Reply

Latest