The Student Room Group

Revising while ill?

Okay, so this is my 'study week' before my exams on Monday and next Thursday, Physics and Chem. But the worst luck has arrived and I've been knocked down with a huge cold this week. While I'm revising my immunity goes to shmuck and I haven't felt right at all since Monday. Monday, Tuesday and about half of Wednesday I've been able to revise but yesterday afternoon I realised and was told by concerned friends and teachers that I was too ill to be revising in school and should stay home today, which I've done.

But I *really* want to revise, as my exams are so close! Anyone got any tips how to get myself back up and going again?
Reply 1
Loads of Coffee, warm clothes and an internet connection. I always revised better at my parents house.

Don't take things too hard though, make sure you spread what energy you have over a full day.
Reply 2
I think we're both in the same boat..
Feeling horrific today:| only advice I can give is drinking lots of water, and keeping wrapped up.

Hope you feel better soon

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
I'm currently in my duvet checking out the examiner reports for Chem, but as useful as it is I really should finish the paper.
My problem is that I work better in school as many things distract me in the house, but coffee is a good idea!
drug up. just LOADS of drugs.

i had a clash on the 13th, so 2 exams, both 2.5 hours long, in 2 separate schools. so STRESS.

about a week before like you i got a cold, which turned into a bad cough, which turned into CHEST INFECTION...

all i did was just drug up on cold/flu tablets, firstdefence and then decongestant stuff. on the day i dosed up on buttercup syrup which helped the coughing.

i know its tempting to sleep, but i kept to the schedule. after the exams i slept for a whole day, and im still nto right...

keep going through what you need to know, refresh your mind, drink alot and eat alot. this illness just means it may take twice as much effort to remember things. just keep to your schedule.

hope this helps! after the exam you can sleep to your hearts content :P
Reply 5
Original post by megfashion
drug up. just LOADS of drugs.

i had a clash on the 13th, so 2 exams, both 2.5 hours long, in 2 separate schools. so STRESS.

about a week before like you i got a cold, which turned into a bad cough, which turned into CHEST INFECTION...

all i did was just drug up on cold/flu tablets, firstdefence and then decongestant stuff. on the day i dosed up on buttercup syrup which helped the coughing.

i know its tempting to sleep, but i kept to the schedule. after the exams i slept for a whole day, and im still nto right...

keep going through what you need to know, refresh your mind, drink alot and eat alot. this illness just means it may take twice as much effort to remember things. just keep to your schedule.

hope this helps! after the exam you can sleep to your hearts content :P

I feel much better today and am typing this on the school's computers XD Thankfully I don't think the ICT teacher would give a damn.

Been taking near everything yesterday and had my lovely Buttercup this morning, thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending