The Student Room Group

So I got Covid today and my GCSES are after next week

I feel so illll, I can’t even revise it’s that bad and now I’m gonna fail woow:smile:
Woo covid :woo: means you can apply for extenuating circumstances if you wish :tongue:

Get well soon little one!
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Larita1212
I feel so illll, I can’t even revise it’s that bad and now I’m gonna fail woow:smile:

Which GCSEs are next week?
Reply 3
Original post by Muttley79

Original post by boulderingislife
Woo covid :woo: means you can apply for extenuating circumstances if you wish :tongue:

Can I do that even though I’m not currently dying sat in the exam room? ( if you get what I mean )
Reply 4
Original post by Muttley79

Religious studies, biology, German listening and reading, English literature, and maths
Reply 5

Can you actually apply for extenuating circumstances because of covid?? If so how?
Original post by Idk131
Can you actually apply for extenuating circumstances because of covid?? If so how?

Ask the exams officer in your school. Tell them you’ve been ill with covid and as a result you haven’t been effectively been able to prepare for the exam. Might need a doctor’s note to prove u had covid though.
Can I do that even though I’m not currently dying sat in the exam room? ( if you get what I mean )

I think so. Speak to exams officer. Hope you’re healing well
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 8
Religious studies, biology, German listening and reading, English literature, and maths

Which board? Maths GCSE is not next week ...
Reply 9

im an a level student but i think the process works the same - you cant apply for extenuating circumstances until after the exam has taken place but you should go to whoever handles that kind of thing at your school as soon as the exam is over and give them a doctors note that says they think your performance would have been impaired
Reply 10

As almost everyone has some immunity to Covid now, your body will know how to fight it and you will probably be better in just couple of days. I therefore doubt it would have any impact on your exams, especially if you are still studying at least a bit now while feeling ill.
Reply 11
Original post by lalexm
As almost everyone has some immunity to Covid now, your body will know how to fight it and you will probably be better in just couple of days. I therefore doubt it would have any impact on your exams, especially if you are still studying at least a bit now while feeling ill.

Perhaps, however my symptoms are, aching bones, sore throat, dizziness, feeling sick, hot flushes and a headache and I’d usually study for 4 hours but now me plans have been ruined unfortunately:/
Reply 12
Perhaps, however my symptoms are, aching bones, sore throat, dizziness, feeling sick, hot flushes and a headache and I’d usually study for 4 hours but now me plans have been ruined unfortunately:/

It’s counterintuitive, but reportedly, people with some immunity often feel worse, as their immune system recognises the threat so quickly attacks it, but they get over it quicker. I guess you should do what you can and then apply for extenuating circumstance if it drags on for long. Best of luck.
Ask the exams officer in your school. Tell them you’ve been ill with covid and as a result you haven’t been effectively been able to prepare for the exam. Might need a doctor’s note to prove u had covid though.

I agree

Quick Reply

Latest