The Student Room Group

AQA German GCSE May 2013

The AQA German GCSE exam is coming up next week! How is everyone's revision going? Anyone have last minute revision tips?

Scroll to see replies

How do you even revise for this?
Reply 2
I'm not even revising for reading, because I get comfortable 35 marks every time.
For listening, just listen to a lot of Tokyo Hotel interviews :biggrin:
But to be honest, apart from memorizing vocabulary lists you can't really do much.

Also, I'm self taught - meaning I have absolutely no clue about what the text is saying, I'm guessing what a word is by context most of the time. If I can do it, you can, too!
Reply 3
Well I have been going through the vocabulary list. Been trying to listen to German radio but it is too fast!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I don't really revise for German but because I want to get fluent (eventually), I often listen to German radio - there's an app called DeutscheRadio on Google Play at least, B5Aktuell of Bavaria is quite good - and read www.zeit.de. I also love history so I try to use German sources like www.dhm.de to expand my vocabulary. For GCSE, go through the vocabulary list and use the textbook, we've done it in lessons and have covered pretty much everything on the past papers we've done (:
Reply 5
Thanks that is really helpful. My vocabulary isn't great.. I'm still going through the vocabulary list. I use an app called dict.cc which is a really good German dictionary.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Can anyone give any advice on how to get an A*? In the past papers I keep getting A's, not sure how to move up to the next grade.
Original post by SweatyGoldfish
How do you even revise for this?

In my opinion you don't revise in the same way you revise for other subjects; because languages need to be continually studied in order for your understanding to increase. For me, it's more a case of looking through my notes, revising certain tenses or verbs from the textbook and ensuring I know the vocabulary that may be in the exam.

Original post by rianna56
Well I have been going through the vocabulary list. Been trying to listen to German radio but it is too fast!
Posted from TSR Mobile

I had the same problem and found this website operated by Deutsche Welle called "Langsam Gesprochene Nachrichten" which means "Slowly spoken news", I think. I subscribed to it via iTunes (it's free). I think it's great for aiding understanding or just helping improve one's listening ability.

Original post by rianna56
Thanks that is really helpful. My vocabulary isn't great.. I'm still going through the vocabulary list. I use an app called dict.cc which is a really good German dictionary.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Did you know they also have a website? I tend to use that whenever I am looking up a word; I think the ability to hear most words spoken by native speakers is a great feature. :smile:
Reply 8
Does anyone have a markscheme for Jan 2013 reading higher? Grade boundary is only 14 for a C but it's so hard :s-smilie:
Reply 9
I do but how do you send it?
Reply 10
Original post by fauzieee
I do but how do you send it?

Well is it a PDF? Or did you find it on a website or have you just got it in paper form?

Do you know how many UMS marks the GCSE is out of btw?
Reply 11
Can someone link me to the 2013 papers please???
Reply 12
Original post by Ammy97
Can someone link me to the 2013 papers please???

I don't know where to find them online. Got mine from school. It's so difficult. 7 for a D.
Good luck to everyone sitting this exam tomorrow! I know I for one am glad it is in the morning as I really don't like having to sit around and wait for an afternoon exam..it seems to make the tension worse.
Reply 14
Original post by Randomer96
I don't know where to find them online. Got mine from school. It's so difficult. 7 for a D.

Ok thanks anyways

oh gosh that sounds bad, nicht gut!
Reply 15
Does anyone have a markscheme for Jan 2013 reading higher? Grade boundary is only 14 for a C but it's so hard :s-smilie:

Can you please link me to the paper??
Reply 16
Hey Leute ihr schaft das schon,lasst den Kopf nicht hängen wenn es doch nicht klappt. Kein Meister ist bisher vom himmel gefallen :-)
Lg
Reply 17
Original post by Ammy97
Can you please link me to the paper??

Got it from school , I don't know where to find it online sorry.
Reply 18
Got it from school , I don't know where to find it online sorry.

ok no worries!
Reply 19
I don't understand, because I've never had German lessons, only have been to Germany a few times and mostly spoke Polish there anyway, and yet when I try to revise and expand my vocabulary list it seems that I know everything already.
Let's just hope the last question on the listening is not as appaling as the one on Edexcel's Spanish, because I might just cry.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending