The Student Room Group

How do you revise well?

GCSE's are in like month and I need some revision tips to make sure I get A*/A's
Do loads of past papers then make notes on topics you're not confident with using the mark scheme, then you'll be able to answer the questions using the terminology that the exam board want. Good luck and hope this helps! :smile:
http://those-material-things.blogspot.co.uk/2013/05/revision-tips-for-exam-success.html

This might be of help! I like doing past papers and making flashcards :smile:
Reply 3
lots of practice and apst papers, with GCSEs there is only so much they can ask. if you have a specific subject that might help get some feedback
state the obvious-step by step-particularly with sciences
Past papers are made of gold (and precious printer credits). They're actually the main source of revision for me and you can pick up where you go wrong. If you really struggled on a question and the mark scheme is a bit brief, look at the Examiner Reports. This is a little gem I've only just found out and they give you lots of tips! GCSE bitesize is useful if you're really bored and it's easy to revise from.

Don't get sucked into the mentality of some GCSE students to not work (I've seen it last year and this year) so work independently, or get a friend to test you if you need help.

Quick Reply

Latest