The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by x-Sophie-x
I think it was because there were 9/200 that had a weight heavier than the highest females weight, so 9/200 * 8/199 as you needed to pick two :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

that makes sense! Thank you, good luck with your exams!
Reply 221
Original post by Blobar
Nope sorry thats wrong because it said if she hits one in the first 3 throws then she just stops

so

BBB NNNBBB
if it was BNNBBN she'd just stop after BNN

i'm so happy i got that right
Reply 222
how did you calculate the iqr? Did you add 1 or leave it at 25 before calculating the quartiles?
What would I get out of 18 if I did everything right, and had the correct method etc, but I read the data wrong and therefore did the probability tree wrong. As I then used the probabilities from the tree, I then used the wrong probabilities throughout.

Would I lose one mark for accuracy on just the tree diagram and get follow through on all the others or would I lose 1 mark per question?

Also, I think the boundaries will be pretty high. 59 for an A, 52 for a B, 45 for a C.
Reply 224
Original post by DarkWillow
No it was if she hit bulls eye in at least 1 of her 3 throws she will not throw her next 3. So it was asking what was the chance of her hitting 3 bulls eyes

So it was:
Hitting 3 bulls eyes in the first 3 throws + hitting 3 bulls eyes in the last 3 throws given that she hit no bulls eyes in the first 3 throws.

Yer i understand that, its just that with the question being ambiguous, wouldn't I get some marks, simply as it can be interpreted differently. If the question was worded differently, and I just read it wrong, then fair enough, but if it not it seems a little harsh.
Original post by juniorx
how did you calculate the iqr? Did you add 1 or leave it at 25 before calculating the quartiles?

1.50(mean) or Q3 and 0.50(mean) for Q1.
Reply 226
for the 2nd question first part
it was like 5 men and 5 women 2 womens win the prizes and 1 man wins the prizes find the probability this happens.
So i did 5/10 x 4/9 x 5/8 x 3!

is this correct...or will it get me a mark or two... it did say simply ur answer which i couldn't so deffentaly something wrong
Reply 227
Original post by juniorx

For which question, if it was the data set i just did n+1/2 for the mean then just halfed that number for LQ and added 6.5 on for the HQ from the mean. For the cumulative frequency I just did 100th value for median 50th for LQ and 150th for UQ
Reply 228
Original post by Mathsz0r
What would I get out of 18 if I did everything right, and had the correct method etc, but I read the data wrong and therefore did the probability tree wrong. As I then used the probabilities from the tree, I then used the wrong probabilities throughout.

Would I lose one mark for accuracy on just the tree diagram and get follow through on all the others or would I lose 1 mark per question?

Also, I think the boundaries will be pretty high. 59 for an A, 52 for a B, 45 for a C.

i expect so, i think it was an easy paper in general and many people i spoke to had lots of time left to spare
Original post by Blobar
For which question, if it was the data set i just did n+1/2 for the mean then just halfed that number for LQ and added 6.5 on for the HQ from the mean. For the cumulative frequency I just did 100th value for median 50th for LQ and 150th for UQ

^ same:smile:
Reply 230
Original post by Mahinder
for the 2nd question first part
it was like 5 men and 5 women 2 womens win the prizes and 1 man wins the prizes find the probability this happens.
So i did 5/10 x 4/9 x 5/8 x 3!

is this correct...or will it get me a mark or two... it did say simply ur answer which i couldn't so deffentaly something wrong

You should've been able to simplify your answer doing that calculation to 5/12. You did the right calculation.
Reply 231
wat was 2ii question o and ty for the anwser blobar
Original post by juniorx
i expect so, i think it was an easy paper in general and many people i spoke to had lots of time left to spare

Likewise, I think the only marks I've dropped are those in the final question due to accuracy.
Reply 233
Original post by Blobar

would you lose marks if you did just 0.75or 0.25 times 25 instead of 26 because i checked both and they gave different upper and lower quartiles but the same iqr
Reply 234
Did you guyes get like 14. something for SD and then just x by 0.9 in the second part to get the 2nd SD and not take away 15 unlike the mean.
Reply 235
What did everyone do for the first part on q2 - I used combinations and I'm not sure

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 236
Original post by juniorx
would you lose marks if you did just 0.75or 0.25 times 25 instead of 26 because i checked both and they gave different upper and lower quartiles but the same iqr

I think you would in the question with the data set but not the graph, however i'm not sure just depends on how many people used the same thing as you did.
Anyone got the paper with them or an unofficial mark scheme? :smile:
Reply 238
Can't remember enough of the questions to give you guys an unofficial mark scheme.
Reply 239
omfg i am so stupid the calculator simplys the answer for u and i got 5/12 and was like how the **** am i suppose to simple this which is why i thought the anwser was wrong ....well felling a bit happier now

Latest

Trending

Trending