The Student Room Group

Higher Drama 2013

I noticed there was no Higher Drama thread for this year so I'd thought I'd make one for discussions/help/predictions etc. :smile:
Reply 1
How do you guys answer the dramatic commentary section?
I never get it right, would help to know how the marks are distributed on it, anyone remember?
Reply 2
Original post by theshwill
How do you guys answer the dramatic commentary section?
I never get it right, would help to know how the marks are distributed on it, anyone remember?

Technical effects-2
Ground plan- 4
Moves - 7
Justification- 7

have a look at this, it helped me quite a bit- http://www.understandingstandards.org.uk/markers_ccc/mark_main.jsp?pContentID=4661&p_applic=CCC&p_service=Content.show&
Reply 3
Thanks! Been searching for something like that

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Anyone got any predictions? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone know how much time we should spend on the essays and the dram com?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
That first question a gift from god
Reply 7
Original post by theshwill
That first question a gift from god
Section A and C questions were really good, and section B was a brilliant passage, though I wish I spent a different amount of time of each bit, and that drama was not right next to English! (didn't finish section a or c but I hope I get 42/60 for an A) how did you find the rest of it?
Reply 8
I liked sections A and B but didn't manage to finish section C and only put in 13 points along with quotes obviously.
Reply 9
Anyone do the crucible?
Reply 10
Original post by apg261
Anyone do the crucible?

I did :smile:
Reply 11
Original post by apg261
Anyone do the crucible?

Yeah:smile:
Reply 12
Original post by shabz97
Yeah:smile:

Nice! What you think of the DC? And what question you do? :smile:
Reply 13
Original post by apg261
Nice! What you think of the DC? And what question you do? :smile:

I personally found it dull. Not the worst. But not the best.
(I hate Act Two haha)
Reply 14
Original post by baconhawkkk
I personally found it dull. Not the worst. But not the best.
(I hate Act Two haha)

Yeah I am the same would of preferred Act 4, but at least it's easy to know who's on stage and how it's set out. Lucky for me we'd acted that scene out in class literally just before study leave haha
Hi guys, I'm crashing Higher Drama this year and I've got my first NAB coming up. We've been given 3 essay questions to choose from and can plan the essay at home so we're prepared for the actual NAB. I'm just looking for some advice on how many points I should make and sort of a layout I can follow each time I write an essay? Thanks in advance!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending