The Student Room Group

Could i get a student loan

Hi all

I am considering doing an open university degree in history. Now back in 2013 I was on a course for nursing and if was diploma level and fully funded by the NHS back then. I had to leave the course as I lost.my hearing. Depsite studying for 2 years they gave me a higher national certificate in health studies which is only a one year thing.

Now looking on student loans page it says I might struggle to get a loan because I have a hnc even though the course wasn't funded by student loans.

Can anyone help me out?.
Reply 1
Hi all

I am considering doing an open university degree in history. Now back in 2013 I was on a course for nursing and if was diploma level and fully funded by the NHS back then. I had to leave the course as I lost.my hearing. Depsite studying for 2 years they gave me a higher national certificate in health studies which is only a one year thing.

Now looking on student loans page it says I might struggle to get a loan because I have a hnc even though the course wasn't funded by student loans.

Can anyone help me out?.

Thank you
Hi there,

What is the level of qualification you will study for at the Open University? Can you confirm the name of the course and the course duration?

Thanks, Drew
Reply 3
Hi

It will be degree level history
Original post by caitlinreads
Hi

It will be degree level history

Hi there,

As you did not receive a undergraduate qualification from your 1st course then you would be eligible for the Tuition Fee Loan up to 16 years for your course at the Open University.

Thanks, Drew

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending