The Student Room Group

IGCSE Edexcel Physics Paper 2 June

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Dana1234567
I put because they have to use step-up and step-down transformers (to stop as much energy being wasted in forms of heat etc) and transformers only work with AC current.

Yeh transformers need an CA current cus that means the magnetic field is always fluctuating so it moves thought the second lot of coils, if the field was still (as it would be with dc) there wouldn't be any induction in the second coil..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 61
I've taken off all the marks for questions I know I've got wrong (even if I might get some of the marks), so I can calculate the worst score I can get. Got something around 40 in this (then I may get a few extra marks), and I think about 95-105 in the paper 1, which should be enough for an A*?
Reply 62
But not all colours were mentioned ... so like between and red and orange there is yellow missing ..
So like how can you draw a bar chart
can someone explain to me what they put exactly for both the Momentum and Moment parts of the lorry question?
Also, was the reason the vacuum prevented heat entry because heat can only be transferred through matter?
Original post by hhalai96
But not all colours were mentioned ... so like between and red and orange there is yellow missing ..
So like how can you draw a bar chart

it didn't ask for a line of best fit or aything (which it usually does) so i just assumed that it wanted a BAR GRAPH
Edexcel wants us to think that line graphs are not the sole graphs drawn in physics. Plus line graphs are always awarded 5 marks. Bar graphs always 4. That's the edexcel rule guys

It's bar graph guys!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 67
What questions are in this paper?
Reply 68
Does anyone have the june 2013 physics igcse edexcel papers they can upload??? If you dont have them can anyone give me a rough idea of the questions that came up in paper 1. I really need help so please reply as soon as anyone sees this! Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Boo_Bear
probably because they didn't ask about energy and energy resources, that... possibly momentum and more about forces. More on electricity, specifically transformers, static electricity and its uses.

they already asked about radiation quite a bit so hopefully it wont come up again..

this was so helpful!!!! thank you :smile: I bet you got an A*. I'm so jelous that I can't even spell jelous
Original post by Chemicalengineer
this was so helpful!!!! thank you :smile: I bet you got an A*. I'm so jelous that I can't even spell jelous

I did actually, and so did you! 100th percentile :eek: !!!! well done!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending