The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 French (6FR04) - 14th June 2013

Scroll to see replies

Original post by exclusive110
Omg do you go St Doms?

YES LOL :biggrin: Who is this? :P
Original post by FrenchNerd
YES LOL :biggrin: Who is this? :P

Wait Omg is this Christian!?!?! Je suis ton meilleure ami et je deteste Isabelle!
Wait Omg is this Christian!?!?! Je suis ton meilleure ami et je deteste Isabelle!

Lol yeah its me Kristian :wink: I'm guessing this is Mehk? lol
Original post by FrenchNerd
Lol yeah its me Kristian :wink: I'm guessing this is Mehk? lol

HAHHAHAH omg yes it is :biggrin:! Im dying for tomorrow like what the hell do you write about stylistic techniques?
HAHHAHAH omg yes it is :biggrin:! Im dying for tomorrow like what the hell do you write about stylistic techniques?

I have 3 things I'm gonna focus on if that comes up...Improvisation thing, Champ-contrechamp, and the lack of music. I think that should be enough because all those techniques impact the documentary-like style of the film
Reply 125
Original post by Rovey
I usually tend to do 2 paragraphs for and one against is that not recommended?

Um... not sure really. All I know is that your organisation and development is really important and worth 15 marks. By having one thèse and one anti-thèse it shows a clear, organised structure? Sorry! :s-smilie:
Original post by Nostromo
I'm pretty sure you could include all of that, it's basically how the film is constructed and what you see. So you could write about the naturalistic and 'invisible' camera, and how it is often positioned amongst the students, and therefore places the spectator in their position too. You could also write about how the style contributes to the characters, like when Souleymane and Francois are arguing they are each at the centre of the frame and eye level with the camera, which implies that neither one has more power over the other. The quick cuts between them also emphasises their argument. The use of voice over (voix-off, I think) when Francois is reading the girl's letter allows the reader to sympathise with her and see her perspective indirectly though the cinematic technique.

It's kinda hard to write about stylistic techniques for Entre les Murs, because everything is so naturalistic and a bit dull! But I suppose that in itself is a point, to make it look like unmediated reality for the viewer, and you could also mention the very limited space of the class room, which creates an intensity and restricted view of their lives.

Hope that helps somehow, but you can talk about it pretty broadly :smile:

Thank you very much! Good luck for tomorrow mate! :smile:
Bonne chance pour demain everyoneee :smile:
Yeah! Good Luck Everyone!
Bonne chance tout le monde!
Reply 130
B C!
How did everyone find it? I think I personally smashed it as the essay title I wanted came up, and I chose the "Science/Technology" discursive essay which was really easy to argue for me.

For the translation I didn't get "l'eau potable" for drinking water, but apart from that it was ok.

How bout you guys?
I found this exam really hard and am now 99% sure I've missed my uni offer :frown:

Discursive essay was okay, but I found the translation really difficult and I didn't explicitly use the term 'style' for the literature/arts question which I feel so stupid for, I just said that Truffaut creates a sense of realism in his films and even though I'd class realism as a style I'm scared I'll get a low grade for not using the terms of the question, ugh at the time I just didn't think I needed to explicitly say 'style' as it was obvious that realism was the style I was talking about in the essay.

So yeah, overall pretty disappointed but at least all my exams are now over I guess...
Original post by Morgasm19
I found this exam really hard and am now 99% sure I've missed my uni offer :frown:

Discursive essay was okay, but I found the translation really difficult and I didn't explicitly use the term 'style' for the literature/arts question which I feel so stupid for, I just said that Truffaut creates a sense of realism in his films and even though I'd class realism as a style I'm scared I'll get a low grade for not using the terms of the question, ugh at the time I just didn't think I needed to explicitly say 'style' as it was obvious that realism was the style I was talking about in the essay.

So yeah, overall pretty disappointed but at least all my exams are now over I guess...

I don't think you need to worry because you could still do two B-grade essays and come up with an A in that exam. Is that what you need?
Glad that style came up!
Did the Science/Technology discursive as well, though not sure how good that was - probably pretty average. Translation was good just a malnutrition which I took a guess at, when annoyingly 'malnutrition' would have been correct. Ah well!
Fingers crossed for the A I need overall!
Reply 135
could someone put up the translation?
Reply 136
Translation was bloody hard! As for the essay i did whether small shops closing is a good or bad thing.

what did people put for third world?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 137
Didn't like the translation either, had massive blanks and forgot words I know like 'homeless people'... So annoyed!!

'Third world' is 'tiers-monde'... I wanted to put 'en voie de developpement' (more PC :P) but didn't want to risk the mark!
Reply 138
I put troisieme monde oh well....

how did you figure out it was the above? Did you revise that somewhere?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 139
Original post by Rovey
I put troisieme monde oh well....

how did you figure out it was the above? Did you revise that somewhere?

Our teacher often uses it when talking about Francophone Africa.. Just fortunate I'd come across it before.. There wasn't much grammar in the translation, as there usually is, mainly vocab which I really didn't like.

What did anybody do did the Historic Study RBE think of the question? I rather liked it!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending