The Student Room Group
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website

English Literature Honours Entry

Hi,

Does anyone know how strict English Lit are about honours entry? I needed at least BB in second year for entry but only got BC. Has anyone had a similar experience? I've emailed the department but not heard back yet.

Thanks for your help
Reply 1
What GPA do you need to get into Honours and what is your current GPA? It mainly depends on how many people apply for Honours and how many places there are. Obviously students who meet the requirements will get in first and if there's any spaces left, it's the decision of the convener.
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website
Reply 2
A handful of my friends do English lit (second year too) and I think a few of them have messed up results too and they've been allowed into honours. Just an anecdote but keep bugging the department if you haven't heard back yet.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by Vitamin D
A handful of my friends do English lit (second year too) and I think a few of them have messed up results too and they've been allowed into honours. Just an anecdote but keep bugging the department if you haven't heard back yet.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks for your replies, I don't know if I would stand much chance as I haven't studied English language. Are you able to repeat a year do you know? Thanks for your help

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending