The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website

Newcastle University

For mathematics would a grade in the TMUA entrance test benefit my application and if so in what way and is it used when considering an application. By the way the entry requirements for mathematics at Newcastle are AAB and my predicted grades are AAAC or A*AAC. I'm doing the TMUA exam for another university application and would just be wondering that if I shared my result with Newcastle when applying would this strengthen my application or have an impact at all
Original post by Benjamin646464
For mathematics would a grade in the TMUA entrance test benefit my application and if so in what way and is it used when considering an application. By the way the entry requirements for mathematics at Newcastle are AAB and my predicted grades are AAAC or A*AAC. I'm doing the TMUA exam for another university application and would just be wondering that if I shared my result with Newcastle when applying would this strengthen my application or have an impact at all

Hi @Benjamin646464

Thank you for your interest in our Mathematics BSc Honours programme.

We don't use The Test of Mathematics for University Admission (TMUA). Applicants can share that they have taken TMUA so it can be considered as part of their whole application profile, but the standard A Level entry requirements would remain the same.

The standard entry requirements for our Mathematics BSc Honours programme for 2024 entry are:

AAB or A*BB including at least a grade A in Mathematics, and excluding General Studies and Critical Thinking OR ABB or A*BC including at least grade A in Mathematics and excluding General Studies AND including one A level from: Further Maths, Biology, Chemistry, English Literature, Geography, History, Physics and Modern/Classical Languages or grade 2 in any STEP paper.

I hope this helps :smile:

Hana
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending