The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
How many marks do you guy's think i'll get on the last question with only one set of answers?
Also, I answered the pie questions as fractions for the exact value.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 81
Original post by blueynuey
in the march exam it was 168 to get A* do guys think it will be higher or lower this time?

Probably will be lower, as this set of papers was harder than March.
Original post by H0PEL3SS
Mr Mr, for Q25, I rearranged the second equation, substituted and manipulated the equation to get 2y^2-4y-5. However, I made a mistake when putting it into the quadratic formula, so I got 2.23 and -0.23. How many marks will I get?
Also, Q7, would it be okay to put 28%?
Thanks.

drop 2 marks on Q25 and fine for Q7
How many marks would I lose for the following?:

3c) I wrote £6100
14) I wrote she'd earn £10 extra, not £9.70
16) If I didn't write the reason of the 'angles OTS..(etc)'

Also, what was Question 24?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 84
Damn - think I've got 44 on non-calc and 43 on calc (this is without the 'working out' marks I could've for questions I've got wrong).
This equals 87+ a few working out marks on each paper...
Is it possible that I could scrape a B if I was lucky?
Reply 85
How many marks docked if on the mince pies question I did all the working but thought she did have enough ingredients in the end? (E.g. Got the mincemeat value wrong)

???

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TAPTUT
OMG!!!!I GOT 99! I think i got 4.6 for the trial and improvement cause i worked out 4.65 and i found it to be closer to 4.6 i think.. O well it is an a* i guess :smile:

That isn't right but well done!
Reply 87
Got at least 47 for this one :biggrin: so I wouldn't need that many more marks on paper 1 to get a c, right??
Reply 88
Original post by TomR10
Damn - think I've got 44 on non-calc and 43 on calc (this is without the 'working out' marks I could've for questions I've got wrong).
This equals 87+ a few working out marks on each paper...
Is it possible that I could scrape a B if I was lucky?

dw bro :smile:
Reply 89
Original post by ahmed15
I think it was 1.38 which is rounde to 1.4

Posted from TSR Mobile

No, it was definitely 1.328125 as Mr M posted it as 85/64 which makes that answer which I changed to 1.33.
Reply 90
Original post by c_k62
Couple Q's;For question 7, if I put 0.28 as the probabilty of how much money he would get, will I still get the marks as that is the equivalent to 7/25?Also, the inverse proportion question- I did 85/64 and then got 1.328125 and wrote that down, but then rounded my answer to 1.328. Will I still get full marks? :smile:Thank you. I don't know about anyone else, but the first paper went a lot better...

Yh I put 0.28 its the same thing

And I put 1.328125 but I wrote down all the numbers of calculator display but yh u should be fine

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 91
Everyone is asking this so Mr M, could you please answer this?:
Predicted grade boundaries?
Reply 92
These answers are really appreciated. Thank you. Just one question. For question 14 I didn't specify how much cheaper the "Friendly" bank was (£9.70), but I just put the friendly bank was better value for money with working out. Would I still get the full 4 marks? Please reply. Thanks again.
Original post by mo85856
Dear Mr M, for the last question on simultaneous equations, I factorized the equation after getting 2y squared-4y+4 =0. I got my answers as x = -3,1 and y = 1,-3. Would I get any method marks for this?

Get 2 for trying to form a quadratic I expect.
Reply 94
Original post by Hody421
That's well above a B mate.

Really?? I thought that would only be a C, sounds quite low. I'll hope I get that B then!
Reply 95
Original post by blueynuey
in the march exam it was 168 to get A* do guys think it will be higher or lower this time?

Lower
Reply 96
so will 130/200 be an A...-thoughts?
Reply 97
Original post by Hody421
For the Trial and Improvement

I wrote at the end :

4.65 rounded to 1 d.p is 4.7

But as the answer I wrote 4.6 (Because 4.7 would have given a bigger value)...

How many marks did I lose?

1 i think cause u got everything else but your final answer was wrong.I got everything else right apart from that meaning i got 99% :smile:
Wait I thought she didnt have enough eggs as well the mincemeat?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Such a good paper!!

Latest

Trending

Trending