Hey :smile:

Anyone else applying for GEM 2015?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
bump
Reply 2
Original post by OneDayDoctor
bump

I think it's probably a bit early for a thread specifically aimed at GEM 2015. Try the general GEM thread(s). :tongue:
Original post by OneDayDoctor
Hey :smile:

Anyone else applying for GEM 2015?

What does GEM stand for?
Reply 4
Original post by XXSimranXX
What does GEM stand for?

Graduate Entry Medicine. :smile:
Original post by Ronove
Graduate Entry Medicine. :smile:

Thanks lol and yh I will hopefully be doing that.
Does anyone know and an tell me more about UKCAT and BMAT please. I don't quite understand what the difference is apart from the fact one is computer based and the other is a written 2hour exam. Do you have to do both?
Reply 7
I'm applying for GEM this year (2014) and I'm keeping a record of everything I am doing for my preparations in a little blog online!

http://med-school-lane.blogspot.co.uk/

Have a look and see if it helps you out, I'm taking the GAMSAT and the UKCAT this year, good luck for next year! :smile:
Reply 8
Does anyone know and an tell me more about UKCAT and BMAT please. I don't quite understand what the difference is apart from the fact one is computer based and the other is a written 2hour exam. Do you have to do both?

Different unis and different courses (ie regular 5 or 6 year Medicine and GEM) require different tests. You need to do whichever the unis you apply to require. You can find out all about both tests by googling them, or by searching this forum.
I dont know much about the extended project qualification but is it good to do this and base it around a medical related topic or not?
Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HannahRach
I'm applying for GEM this year (2014) and I'm keeping a record of everything I am doing for my preparations in a little blog online!

Have a look and see if it helps you out, I'm taking the GAMSAT and the UKCAT this year, good luck for next year! :smile:

thanks the link seems very useful

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'd love to get into GEM 2015 but I think I am too stupid and too poor haha!
Keep that blog updated, it has loads of useful info :smile:
Original post by HannahRach

Can I just ask how you managed to get shadowing experience? (I study English and I am really struggling to get anyone to take me seriously!)
I'm currently studying BSc Hons Speech and Language Therapy. I am considering applying for Medecine thjs
Wait I just realised that GEM means that everyone here is already at uni? I guess I am in the wrong thread because I am still at school
Reply 16
Wait I just realised that GEM means that everyone here is already at uni? I guess I am in the wrong thread because I am still at school

I told you it was Graduate Entry Medicine - you have to already be a graduate to start on it. :tongue:
Original post by Brownie anyone?
Can I just ask how you managed to get shadowing experience? (I study English and I am really struggling to get anyone to take me seriously!)

Hey :smile: Have you tried applying to hospitals for stuff like voluntary work? Most of them have application forms that you fill in on their websites. They'd have to take you seriously since you're applying for a role!
Original post by StephanieGlacken
I'm currently studying BSc Hons Speech and Language Therapy. I am considering applying for Medecine thjs

Hi :smile:
Original post by Ronove
I told you it was Graduate Entry Medicine - you have to already be a graduate to start on it. :tongue:

I know that you told me but I didn't actually realise until know what you meant.

Quick Reply

Latest