The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Wish there were more jobs around :frown: I have to make a CV for a Nando's job and I've looked up templates for CVs but they're all for proper business or graduate medicine jobs, not working two evenings and a weekend day on the tills. If I write 'My interest in working in this field was piqued by visiting Nando's as a child and becoming enthralled by the buzzing atmosphere' they're going to think I'm a knob.
Got £190 to last me till tomorrow - got a bit of shopping to do and the rest, probably £150 will transfer into savings when my pay comes in. Then I'll have about £450 to do me through July and £2700 in savings incase I spend more than £450
19, I don't get pocket money but I have about £800 (I've been doing overtime at work).
Reply 63
I have about £10 to my name :frown:
Reply 64
19, £1200 in savings, £700 in current. Currently £0 per month and £20 per month until I was 18.
Reply 65
16yo and have £60 in the bank. :s-smilie:
Reply 66
18, currently got 300 pounds in the bank and it's payday tomorrow, I get about 120-200 a month from work :smile: Going to ireland in august though and trying to save up £500 for uni though, so I can actually afford food for my first few months...
Hi im 16.

I have around £100 in my current account which I can withdraw from and put money in at any time. £15 goes in there a month from my parents.
I also have a savings account which i cannot take money out of which has just under £5000 in, this is money I have saved up since I was very young and my parents have also put money in there for me, currently £50 a month as a standing order goes into that account.

I also have £40 in my purse

I dont have a job but would love one to earn more money!
17yo, I've currently got about £600 saved. It's not that I make a conscious effort to save, it's just that I really hate spending money. I get some £20 a week, but I'll need more if I'm going to survive at uni next year :frown:
Income: £1,180 per month
Savings: £38,000

Posted from TSR Mobile
this thread depresses me because i'm twenty now. :puppyeyes:

used to earn £30-40 a week from a weekend job i had from 15-18, now work in a bar.
Reply 71
I'm lucky enough I do a summer relief full time job, as well as my week job at the bar. 20 and il be bringing in a grand a month for the next two months. That'll drop to about ~250-400 in September.

Haven't a penny saved but plan on starting Wednesday with my next pay check.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 72
I'm 17 and have £100 in my back account at the moment, and about £20 or so in my purse.
Currently applying for jobs at the moment and have an interview lined up. If I finally get a job then I'll probably save all the money I earn in my bank account.

I don't have one of those fancy saving accounts that parents make their children when they're young, so I feel like I need to save all the money I can.
Reply 73
16, ~£5000 in savings in the bank and ~£60 saved at home - don't get pocket money but my parents usually buy stuff I need
Currently £45 because driving lessons are eating up all of my disposable income and I have only been able to save between £5-20 a month. Once I (hopefully) pass my test next week, I will save £100-300 a month though :smile: hoping to save £1-2k for my car by the end of this year and keep saving. I have worked since I was 16 (20 now) but never saved before *facepalm*. Oh well, better late than never lol.
This thread depresses me! Before I got a car + insurance I had over £2000

Now I'm 18 and have about £510 (£350 in savings, £160 in my student account) to last me until July 10th (payday)..

I usually get £700-800 a month from my job but insurance just kills any chance of me saving. That and petrol..
Reply 76
Earn just under £400 a month, have £43.44 in my bank. It costs alot to look this cheap.
Earn £140 a month unless I do overtime (most I've ever got is £248)
£156 in bank but that'll go over the month
£460 in savings account (for gifts, emergencies, and MacBook)
£668 in cash ISA for university (both me and mum put money into this bank though)

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm 18, earn £400 a month for 19 hours work.
Have just less than £100 in my bank account and £1250 in a savings account.

:smile:
Reply 79
im 19. got about £7000 saved, doing a full time 37 hours a week degree but going back to work soon too so i can save for a deposit on a house in 3 years time when i finish uni hopefully!! :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending