The Student Room Group

University Clothes (male)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by kinglynx
Sounds like a plan! thanks for the help!

Btw, as a girl, what places would you reccommend to buy from. I've been looking at abercrombie and fitch but theyre a tad bit expensive!

Hmm, thats a bit hard but I think guys clothes are pretty much the same at most places, one of the biggest differences is cost and quality. I really *don't* think brands names are necessary for all uni clothes, people are older and *should* care about a bit more. Look on websites! I don't think Primark has one though.

H&M is good for what you pay for I think. I've bought a couple of hoodies from the mens section and they're still good. Primark would be good for stuff like t-shirts and pyjamas but almost everyone will have them or know where you got it from because the shop makes so much of everything. I don't know if many guys shop at Burton, and you've got Bank Clothing for cheaper designer stuff (I think that's what they do). Then there's Topman and River Island for generic fashion- I think Topman is worse (not that its always a bad thing to follow trends. kinda like the place that guys who aren't confident with clothes but everything from, a lot of teens). My favourite store is Zara though (as a student I'll have to stop shopping there), a bit expensive but they do decent sales and things like shoes, jeans, jackets and coats are a good thing to spend a bit of money on :smile: and maybe ASOS too. Okay last one: as you need shirts have a look at NEXT (probably better) or M&S? Not sure how trendy they would be (they are just shirts I have no clue about trends for shirts??) their prices are probably a bit more common.

Ooh, not sure if you were aware, but as a student quite a lot of shops offer a discount - normally somewhere between 10-20% off. Hope this is helpful!

I didn't realise I could write so much, sorry /:
Reply 21
Ah well done! Erm, from what i understand, we start clinicals in year 3 or 4 BUT we do have 10 GP days every year.

Im sure theyll let us know about the dress code before they let us loose haha. Btw what sort of dark smart trousers are we talking of. Shall i just wear a suit without a blazer? :P

Something like these would be fine. Remember, bare below the elbows too :smile:
Reply 22
Original post by lcddvd
You will need a pair of thick black glasses with no lenses, giant headphones, a giant handbad, trainers with different coloured laces, dirty ragged jeans and blonde hair dye with a yellow volkswagen beetle.

:daydreaming:

Jokes. Congrats on getting into medicine. In almost a decades time, we will be at eachothers throats trying to get into specialty training.

hahaha i am far from a hipster thank you very much!

And yes, that is quite worrying although i presume ill be trying for america rather than any english specality training :P hahaha
Reply 23
Original post by alex193
Something like these would be fine. Remember, bare below the elbows too :smile:

Oooo thanks for the link! And yes i shall remember that thank you!
Reply 24
Original post by pinksugar
Hmm, thats a bit hard but I think guys clothes are pretty much the same at most places, one of the biggest differences is cost and quality. I really *don't* think brands names are necessary for all uni clothes, people are older and *should* care about a bit more. Look on websites! I don't think Primark has one though.

H&M is good for what you pay for I think. I've bought a couple of hoodies from the mens section and they're still good. Primark would be good for stuff like t-shirts and pyjamas but almost everyone will have them or know where you got it from because the shop makes so much of everything. I don't know if many guys shop at Burton, and you've got Bank Clothing for cheaper designer stuff (I think that's what they do). Then there's Topman and River Island for generic fashion- I think Topman is worse (not that its always a bad thing to follow trends. kinda like the place that guys who aren't confident with clothes but everything from, a lot of teens). My favourite store is Zara though (as a student I'll have to stop shopping there), a bit expensive but they do decent sales and things like shoes, jeans, jackets and coats are a good thing to spend a bit of money on :smile: and maybe ASOS too. Okay last one: as you need shirts have a look at NEXT (probably better) or M&S? Not sure how trendy they would be (they are just shirts I have no clue about trends for shirts??) their prices are probably a bit more common.

Ooh, not sure if you were aware, but as a student quite a lot of shops offer a discount - normally somewhere between 10-20% off. Hope this is helpful!

I didn't realise I could write so much, sorry /:

Thanks for all of that! Dont be sorry haha, it helped alot :biggrin:

Ill definitly ask for which places do student discounts but how do i actually get them, would i have to show some sort of university card?
20% off would be a godsend when im buying a lot of clothes!
Thanks for all of that! Dont be sorry haha, it helped alot :biggrin:

Ill definitly ask for which places do student discounts but how do i actually get them, would i have to show some sort of university card?
20% off would be a godsend when im buying a lot of clothes!

Erm, some places might need your uni ID card (like in store) or an NUS card (not sure about this, I use one now but I don't know if uni students do) or something like the website unidays. I think you actually have to belong to a uni before you get one so you might have to wait till September.

But yeah, you'll have to prove you're a student :smile:
Reply 26
Original post by pinksugar
Erm, some places might need your uni ID card (like in store) or an NUS card (not sure about this, I use one now but I don't know if uni students do) or something like the website unidays. I think you actually have to belong to a uni before you get one so you might have to wait till September.

But yeah, you'll have to prove you're a student :smile:

ah right i see. Thanks a lot :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest