The Student Room Group

is it possible to grow at 17

im a girl and really short (5'1) i really want to grow taller .i heard that coffee stunts ur growth although i later found out its a myth. regardless i havent drank coffee for like 4 years now. so do u guys think its possible to grow like 3 inches a t 17?
Reply 1
Original post by siocrystal
im a girl and really short (5'1) i really want to grow taller .i heard that coffee stunts ur growth although i later found out its a myth. regardless i havent drank coffee for like 4 years now. so do u guys think its possible to grow like 3 inches a t 17?

scott mctominay, the best football player of all time, was 17 and 5'6 he then had a very large growth spurt and is now 6'4 in his twenties
As a female I'd say that's quite unlikely. We don't tend to grow much at that sort of age. Sorry.

Original post by blobflips
scott mctominay, the best football player of all time, was 17 and 5'6 he then had a very large growth spurt and is now 6'4 in his twenties

He's male though
Reply 3
Original post by PinkMobilePhone
As a female I'd say that's quite unlikely. We don't tend to grow much at that sort of age. Sorry.

ahhhh well i guess im going to live off heels for the rest of my life :frown:
Reply 4
There's nothing wrong with your height, please try not to worry.

That’s because he had a late growth spurt. Mctominay is 25 now. Plus he’s a male. I’m 5’11 and 1/2 at 22 do I still have half an inch left in me I hope so but I doubt it.
ahhhh well i guess im going to live off heels for the rest of my life :frown:

don't worry, it's not the end of the world. I used to have a friend about your height when I was in high school & sixth form college. She never had a shortage of admirers.

That is extremely unusual, even for males. Both males and females are pretty much done growing by 16-17.

thing is he is a goat, not a human

no guy cares about a girls height unless they under 5 foot or taller than them
Reply 10
Original post by PinkMobilePhone
She never had a shortage of admirers.

hehe

There is nothing wrong with being short! More leg room in seats, don't have to worry about low ceilings, can maybe get clothes/shoes from the kids' section, less leg to shave, easier to get piggybacks…
Embrace it it's part of who you are!
And if you want to drink coffee, drink it (in moderation) :smile:
Reply 11
bl0bf1sh lol nice pun
Reply 12
It is possible. I grew a cm from high school to 21 y/o.
Reply 13
Original post by Mohammed_80
That’s because he had a late growth spurt. Mctominay is 25 now. Plus he’s a male. I’m 5’11 and 1/2 at 22 do I still have half an inch left in me I hope so but I doubt it.

what are you doing at 22 on thestudentroom with a garnacho profile picture 😭😭
Reply 14
Original post by jonjoshelveygoat
thing is he is a goat, not a human

this is very true
what are you doing at 22 on thestudentroom with a garnacho profile picture 😭😭

Just a member of TSR what’s wrong with that.

Quick Reply

Latest