The Student Room Group

Architecture at Westminster/Ravensbourne

Hi i recently just finished a foundation in Art and Design at Ravensbourne with a pass. I already have a place at Ravensbourne to study Architecture in September although didn't realise it was not RIBA credited. I was hoping to finish with a merit to then try and get into Westminster through clearing however i think my chances have been damaged by only getting a pass. I also have a B(Art)D(Economics)D(Sociology) A2 levels and was wondering whether i should retake the exam i failed in Economics and Sociology which brought my grade down to a D and re-apply next year. If i was to retake these exams would i have to go back to my sixth-form and ask to take the exam privately or could i could to a private exam centre and retake the exam instead?
Reply 1
When I was starting I had this problem.
I wouldn't worry, Ravensbourne architecture course is fairly new so they're still working on getting it accredited.

The Interiors and environmental architecture students have been taking their RIBA exams straight after graduation for years and I now for a fact a lot get their part 1 without a problem. We get graduates visit us weekly and talk about what they're doing or show us portfolios and none of they all feel confident in the course.

If you were doing foundation at rave you should of approached us or spoken to layton/greg.
From what I know, rave pays for your exam and the current third years that just graduated are having portfolio classes atm.

Would you want to pay to go back to sixth-form? and still be uncertain?
Also, Westminister isn't as good as rave, my personal opinion. If you really want to go somewhere else try Oxford brooks or brighton.

Hope I helped :smile:
Current Archi student at rave
Ravensbourne should clearly state on there website their position with regard to RIBA accreditation anything else is misleading students I believe. There's nothing on there that says that they have even started the process to becoming accredited. It's been going a fair few years now and there have been other courses that have got accreditation in a shorter space of time. I know when the Arts University Bournemouth went for accreditation they used to state the position they were in with regards to accreditation on their website. It generally takes about three years so they can see all three years of students being taught.

You could try clearing nothing to lose really, some uni's offer foundation courses for a year similar to what you have already done to get onto their architecture course. Otherwise just stick it out where you are and hope for the best as if you're in a hole it may not be easy to get out, on the other hand maybe the course where you are is ok and it may all work out.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending