The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Hmmm I went a bit mad and bought this:
http://www.joebrowns.co.uk/showPart.asp?part=LD083
because it's my fave colour, and this in mulled wine:
http://www.joebrowns.co.uk/showPart.asp?part=LK069
I am actually an addict!
I'm getting rid of literally 100's of items on Ebay in the next few months so if you want to have a look:
http://shop.ebay.co.uk/merchant/eslffkjp_W0QQ_nkwZQQ_armrsZ1QQ_fromZ
(shameless plug lol sorry!)

Do any of you lot post on Lookbook or any site like that? I need money so bad...and coming on here is no good coz now I want those linen trousers!
Reply 7201
I bought these bad boys

http://www.topshop.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?beginIndex=20&viewAllFlag=false&catalogId=19551&storeId=12556&categoryId=73934&parent_category_rn=42358&productId=1203514&langId=-1

well... my mum did with my student discount haha, they're for my leavers ball, same colour as my dress. If anyone stands on my feet they'll will be getting beatings!
ferret123
Do any of you lot post on Lookbook or any site like that? I need money so bad...and coming on here is no good coz now I want those linen trousers!

The Asda one's or the other one's which were posted? . .
The Asda ones :-)
ferret123
The Asda ones :-)

They are nice, I tried on the 12 today but its too big = so im debating whether to order the 10 online or wait for it to come back in-store . . .

EDIT: And the best thing? . . . they actually cater nice for long legs. :yep: not very often im able to find things that fit me properly in the leg.
Reply 7205
Next linen trousers are fantastic. I'm about 5 7/5 8 and I had to take mine up.

That said, I do wear them quite low (I could probably fit the size down but I wanted them to sit on my hips).
Ooo I usually have size 12, inside leg 33" or 32"
- Is the size 12 a big size 12 then?
*River
Next linen trousers are fantastic. I'm about 5 7/5 8 and I had to take mine up.

That said, I do wear them quite low (I could probably fit the size down but I wanted them to sit on my hips).

Mind me asking, how much are the one's from Next?
death.drop
they arrived! booties!

take too much time to put on and take off, slightly difficult to walk in and i'm sure I will look like an overweight whore whatever i pair them with but....i love love love them.

my mums reaction made me laugh though. after gushing over how gorgeous they are she said to me "katharine, i hate to tell you this but i think these are what they call.....bondage boots. They're intended for use.....in the bedroom."

and baby_emmy, love the shorts!

i actually LOVE those! where did you get them from/how much?
i'd probably wear them with something ridiculously girly(ie, a nude dress with feathers around the necklice) and look just a bit crazy!
Reply 7209
DancinBallerina
Mind me asking, how much are the one's from Next?

I got them last year, so my memory's a bit hazy. I think in the region of £25? They're thicker than others I looked at though, and they've washed very well.
ferret123
Ooo I usually have size 12, inside leg 33" or 32"
- Is the size 12 a big size 12 then?

Yea 33'' is my inside leg and Asda's jeans/joggers/trousers are always nice and long for me. The 12 I found had too much at the back, but I have a narrow back. So I tried on the 10 (in the black, just to see how it would feel) and it fits like a glove.
*River
I got them last year, so my memory's a bit hazy. I think in the region of £25? They're thicker than others I looked at though, and they've washed very well.

Ahhh okey dokey - I will go have a nosey on their website

Thanks for the info.
After looking at these http://www.dorothyperkins.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?beginIndex=0&viewAllFlag=&catalogId=20552&storeId=12552&categoryId=82905&parent_category_rn=51581&productId=1117481&langId=-1 for months now, I finally gave in and bought them :smile:
Managed to get a 10% discount too thanks to working for the nhs :p:
Vintage Brown Crocodile skin effect clutch bag,
Flowery skirt from a boutique on Brick Lane,
Sliver and turquoise necklace from a stall on Portobello Road.
pegglybum
After looking at these http://www.dorothyperkins.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?beginIndex=0&viewAllFlag=&catalogId=20552&storeId=12552&categoryId=82905&parent_category_rn=51581&productId=1117481&langId=-1 for months now, I finally gave in and bought them :smile:
Managed to get a 10% discount too thanks to working for the nhs :p:

Very cute

Didn't know NHS people can discount? . .
I've won a bunch of things on ebay lately:

DancinBallerina
Very cute

Didn't know NHS people can discount? . .

Thanks! :biggrin:
I didn't know about any of the discounts until I was killing some time on the staff intranet one lunchtime and found a staff discount page :p:

:ninjagirl: (To be honest, anyone could get 10% off at DP online ... go to www.dorothyperkins.com/nhs, put in your email address (i use my hotmail one), a code is put into your basket which you then apply and tada - 10% off!) :ninjagirl:
pegglybum
Thanks! :biggrin:
I didn't know about any of the discounts until I was killing some time on the staff intranet one lunchtime and found a staff discount page :p:

:ninjagirl: (To be honest, anyone could get 10% off at DP online ... go to www.dorothyperkins.com/nhs, put in your email address (i use my hotmail one), a code is put into your basket which you then apply and tada - 10% off!) :ninjagirl:

Ahh ta for that - will let my mum know. . .

I remember once I got a 20% off voucher from Freshers Fayre - used it, but the stupid sales assistant gave it back to me! so guess what I did? . . . .:yep: went back and used it again - 40% in one week, can't be bad, ey? . . :p: lol

I agree - getting discounts in DP is pretty easy.
DancinBallerina
Ahh ta for that - will let my mum know. . .

I remember once I got a 20% off voucher from Freshers Fayre - used it, but the stupid sales assistant gave it back to me! so guess what I did? . . . .:yep: went back and used it again - 40% in one week, can't be bad, ey? . . :p: lol

I agree - getting discounts in DP is pretty easy.

Haha, thats great, definitely can't complain about 40% lol.

There was one time when I'd bought something online with 20% off, and returned it to store. They then proceeded to give me a full refund (ignoring the 20% off) so I actually made money on that purchase. Didn't realise til I got home, almost felt guilty :p:

Latest