The Student Room Group

Dentistry Gap Year

i am undertaking a gap year due to no received offers in this application process 2023, what would you suggest i do in this gap year, including specific things ....., in order for me to be a strong candidate in my reapplication, thanks.
Reply 1
Original post by Raheem_w
i am undertaking a gap year due to no received offers in this application process 2023, what would you suggest i do in this gap year, including specific things ....., in order for me to be a strong candidate in my reapplication, thanks.

if you don't mind me asking but what was the reason for your missed offers??
basically do medicine, dont do dentistry. im also gonna take a gap year and do med
Reply 3
Original post by Be_alone
if you don't mind me asking but what was the reason for your missed offers??

UCAT score is 2230, my predicted grades are AAA
UCAT score is 2230, my predicted grades are AAA

good predicted grades but UCAT needs drastically improving. therefore this time make sure you do everything perfect and spot on. look where you went wrong, dont go on a spree of doing random questions on edify, create a structure and technique.

although its about medicine here's some advice I received from someone on tsr

I got 2670 in my first exam and the next year I got 3040. Here’s what I recommend. (Obviously this won’t work for everyone, it’s just based on what I did) revise for two months. first week is just getting a feel doing untimed qs of the 4 subsections. next week is timed qs in each subsection, same again for second week, but now start incorporating mini mocks. hopefully by now youve found your strongest section, usually ar or qr, so 3rd week and 4th week mainly focus on that section to try and get it as high as possible. throughout first month do 1hr of questions everyday.

2nd month start doing 2hrs every day. first 2 weeks, do first hr in your strong section and another hour in the other sections. in the last two weeks do a mock a day and review on the same day. i would completely avoid doing sjt until this point. also buy a keyboard if youd ont have one, so you can utilise the num pad, and mouse. i bought it for like 10 quid on amazon
Reply 5
thanks so much, really appreciate it

Quick Reply

Latest