The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

University of Edinburgh 2013/2014 Postgraduates

Scroll to see replies

Original post by flibbertigibbett

Oh no cookie_wolf, why are you dreading it? It's the official university halls isn't it? :smile:

I have 11 flatmates, with shared bathrooms. I'm about as socially competent as a rock!
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Original post by ChrysaKar
Hi all!
I am Chrysa, i'm from Greece and i am starting a Msc in Inclusive and Special Education! I will be in Edinburgh in two weeks and i haven't found a room or a flat or even a bed yet..! :smile: but i will not let this let me down!! I'm looking for something in the city centre as all of us but it's quite difficult to find. If you know someone who is looking for a roomate let me know :smile:

Hi Chrysa,

Congratulations on your place! - When you get to Edinburgh, come and take a look at Gateway Apartments - It's really lovely! it has great facilities including a gym, cinema room and study rooms. - We have a show flat and would love to see you so feel free to come and have a look :smile:

Best of luck and have a safe trip over to Edinburgh
Reply 22
So who's joining in with Freshers' Week then? Or would it be too awkward. Like your Dad dancing at a wedding?
Reply 23
Original post by Moonburp
So who's joining in with Freshers' Week then? Or would it be too awkward. Like your Dad dancing at a wedding?

This is exactly what I'm wondering, haha.

I've never been to Edinburgh, so I'm hoping I can tag along to some of the city tour-type things that don't require the freshers wristband. Also, what the heck is a ceilidh (sp?)... I guess I'm going to find out whether I want to or not.
Reply 24
Original post by yokaromon!
This is exactly what I'm wondering, haha.

I've never been to Edinburgh, so I'm hoping I can tag along to some of the city tour-type things that don't require the freshers wristband. Also, what the heck is a ceilidh (sp?)... I guess I'm going to find out whether I want to or not.

Pronounced 'Kay-leeh'. Basically it's a big fun dance and everyone gets drunk - youtubing it will give you a good idea.

City tours are pretty good, but be sure to look up what's off the beaten track. Edinburgh has loads to offer!
Hi Guys,

22 year old, starting an LLM in Legal History. I'm living about 2 miles south of the city off Old Dalkeith Road.
Original post by Moonburp

That was hilarious. Literally laughed out loud. Better start perfecting my embarrassing dance moves.
Original post by B
That was hilarious. Literally laughed out loud. Better start perfecting my embarrassing dance moves.

It shall be glorious :smile:
Im starting the MSc in Strength and Conditioning. Anyone else?
Reply 29
Hey im also at James Craig court starting this year too!! so scared have no idea what to expect!

Might see you around!
Original post by Office93
Hey im also at James Craig court starting this year too!! so scared have no idea what to expect!

Might see you around!

This is a thread for incoming postgraduates, so if you'd like to talk accommodation please do head over to our sticky accommodation thread:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2124653
Reply 31
Same here :smile:
wana know more posgrads

am Starting my MSc in Social Research
Reply 32
Original post by B

You and me. Doing the Saturday Night Fever moves. Edinburgh Freshers Week.

Go go go.
Hi Guys,

I've had a bit disaster as far as accommodation goes. I booked a flat in South Edinburgh, without going to view it as I live miles away from Scotland, but my Dad has gone to have a look today whilst on holiday and it's horrible!! So I'm desperately looking for something else quickly.

I'm a 22 year old guy about to start an LLM in Legal History. I'm a non-smoker who enjoys social drinks, sports, films etc. If anyone can be of any help whatsoever it would be hugely appreciated; whether that be others looking for a flat, someone with a room to let, or just anyone offering advice.

Thanks in advance,

Ash
Reply 34
Howdy, fellow postgrads.

I see that my registration has been confirmed and that my photo that I sent in for the ID card has been uploaded to the site, but I'm still wondering about official matriculation.

As far as I understand (please correct me if I'm wrong!), we need to meet with our supervisor/someone from our department this coming week. Have you all been contacted by faculty in your department about setting up a meeting?? I see that there is a name listed for me as an overseer, but this person happens to head the entire department, so I'm not sure if they are just a place holder.

Just wondering if I am supposed to contact them, even though the website says that someone is supposed to contact me.
Picked up my new matriculation card today - it's all about to start!
Original post by nimoy
Hi,
I'd be doing an MSc in Computer Science - Systems, SE and HPC so our paths may cross :smile:.
I'm really pumped about moving to Edinburgh. I would be staying at Richmond Place (Churchill House). I'm from Nigeria
Enjoy!

Hi !!
I will be joining for MSc Artificial Intelligence :smile:
Staying at Richmond as well
I'm from India
Hope to meet you in September :smile:
Original post by Rizzletastic
Wait, can you pick up before freshers week?

I honestly can't remember the circumstances - but it was certainly available for collection fairly early in my case.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending