The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Do NOT use Homes4u accommodation agency.

Hello!

To every student house hunting in the Manchester area, I wholeheartedly advise NOT to use homes4u.

I just spent a year at their property and let me just give a few reasons why not to use them:

1. A pipe burst and there was a hole in the roof of my kitchen of approximately half a meter across. This hole left us without shower for 2 months and the agency DID NOTHING to fix the thing for 2 months. I had to shower at the university (thankfully there were showers provided at my faculty).

We did not receive any compensation for it.

2. Today is the 8th of August, I have still not received my deposit even though my contract expired on the 31st of June. Even worse, they keep ignoring my e-mails and can never find the right paperwork on the phone, despite numerous phone calls and e-mails.

This is unlawful and I have now given them official court notice.

And basically I paid a hefty agency fee to be treated like this.

My advice to any new students is NOT to use this agency. By all means, try to deal with the landlords directly.

I hope I have been helpful with my experience.
I couldn't agree more.

I didn't rent through them, but my landlord decided to re let our house through them. Dear God it was awful, and all they were meant to be doing was conducting viewings.

They tried to organise viewings at less than 24 hours notice, didn't turn up more often than not (at one point we were on an 80% no show rate), left prospective tenants hanging on the doorstep, were rude and patronising over the phone and then had the cheek to ask ME to conduct viewings.

Wouldn't touch them again with a bargepole TBH.

Posted from TSR Mobile
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Reply 2
My friends were in a house with them last year, they decided to keep it on for this year. However, turned out the house was in the process of collapsing whilst they were in it. They have relocated them for next year, however they're annoyed because their new place is in VP when they originally signed on for another year because of its proximity to uni :eyeroll:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending