The Student Room Group
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele

Social Science Foundation Year

Hello everyone!

looking forward to starting at Keele in September on the Social Science Fnd. Hoping to progress onto Criminology and Psychology after completing this course.

Do we have any other applicants on here? I've been out of education for almost 5 years and feeling a bit lonesome and overwhelmed by it all so far, so would be great to start chatting to some classmates beforehand!

L xx
Reply 1
Original post by Laurenxsned
Hello everyone!

looking forward to starting at Keele in September on the Social Science Fnd. Hoping to progress onto Criminology and Psychology after completing this course.

Do we have any other applicants on here? I've been out of education for almost 5 years and feeling a bit lonesome and overwhelmed by it all so far, so would be great to start chatting to some classmates beforehand!

L xx

Hiya
there is a slight chance i will be doing the same course as you
if i get expected results i will be doing a social science foundation year and then moving on to psychology with criminology
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele
Reply 2
Yep that's the same as me! Confirmed my place already as applied as a 'mature' student... Mature at the grand old age of 22, ha ha!

When do you find out results?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Hi im doing Social Science Foundation also :smile: then Environment and Sociology
Reply 4
I was beginning to think I was the only one then! You looking forward to starting?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
yeh i cant wait to start
Reply 6
where are u staying? im in Lindsay Court :P
Reply 7
I'm living in Newcastle (Porthill) I'm local anyway and live away from parents with my partner :smile: have you just finished a-level? I'm 22.. Been out of education for nearly 5 years so definitely looking forward to getting back to it xxx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
i finished a levels :smile: Do you have Facebook? xx
Doing the social science foundation and going to politics later on.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Welcome Dodgypirate! Politics is an interesting choice! You looking forward to the start of term?

I went into keele for the ForMat event yesterday and had an absolute fab time! Met loads of great staff and other students and it really put my mind at ease knowing the support that's out there provided by the university... Not just education but in all aspects of life!

Was nice to learn my way around campus also... It's like a rat run its soooo confusing!xxx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Laurenxsned
Welcome Dodgypirate! Politics is an interesting choice! You looking forward to the start of term?

I went into keele for the ForMat event yesterday and had an absolute fab time! Met loads of great staff and other students and it really put my mind at ease knowing the support that's out there provided by the university... Not just education but in all aspects of life!

Was nice to learn my way around campus also... It's like a rat run its soooo confusing!xxx

Posted from TSR Mobile

Shamefully I haven't gone to any events just yet, I've only recently bought my car and as I live in London it's a 3 hour commute to Keele.

Go to say I'm quite excited by it all as it's the first time I'll be living in a somewhat more rural area of the UK and for what this course will bring me. As it's just a foundation year I'm hoping to do criminology later on, but we'll have to wait and see.

See y'all at freshers!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest