The Student Room Group
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester

chance of MMU's fashion business course for international students(no business)?

Is the acceptance rate of Manchester Metropolitan University 's fashion business courses year one entry e.g fashion business management, fashion marketing, fashion buying and merchandising high for international students with no business background? Is the competitiveness of applying to MMU's fashion business courses very strong? Are there many students applying to MMU's fashion business management course every year? As far as I know, Manchester Metropolitan University is a relatively lenient university for international students. But I don't know if they will still accept students with no business background to enroll in their fashion business courses. In the UK, is it still possible for universities to accept students with non-business background such as sociology to enroll in business courses? even though the students have never studied any modules that learn about business?

I am an international student who studied social sciences international foundation and sociology year one at Sussex Uni. I am in my gap year now and I am going to apply ucas next year and transfer to MMU. But I am afraid of not getting any offers if I choose Bsc hons fashion business year 1 because I don't have any fashion business background. For my results, I got 76 average marks for social sciences international foundation and just 53 average marks for sociology year 1 at Sussex Uni. The performance of sociology is just fair so I don’t know will the fashion business admission team still consider me if their criteria is just based on results/ scores ( not the type of subject).
(edited 4 months ago)
Original post by Ruby12hty
Is the acceptance rate of Manchester Metropolitan University 's fashion business courses year one entry e.g fashion business management, fashion marketing, fashion buying and merchandising high for international students with no business background? Is the competitiveness of applying to MMU's fashion business courses very strong? Are there many students applying to MMU's fashion business management course every year? As far as I know, Manchester Metropolitan University is a relatively lenient university for international students. But I don't know if they will still accept students with no business background to enroll in their fashion business courses. In the UK, is it still possible for universities to accept students with non-business background such as sociology to enroll in business courses? even though the students have never studied any modules that learn about business?

I am an international student who studied social sciences international foundation and sociology year one at Sussex Uni. I am in my gap year now and I am going to apply ucas next year and transfer to MMU. But I am afraid of not getting any offers if I choose Bsc hons fashion business year 1 because I don't have any fashion business background. For my results, I got 76 average marks for social sciences international foundation and just 53 average marks for sociology year 1 at Sussex Uni. The performance of sociology is just fair so I don’t know will the fashion business admission team still consider me if their criteria is just based on results/ scores ( not the type of subject).

Hi @Ruby12hty! I'd recommend contacting our Course Enquiries team directly who will be able to help answer your questions 🙂 - Chloe
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending