The Student Room Group

Medway school of pharmacy

I’ve applied in October and still have not heared back from them. I’m hoping to get D* in 2 subjects and 1 A. Will they offer me a foundation year?
Original post by Sijensnsnnj
I’ve applied in October and still have not heared back from them. I’m hoping to get D* in 2 subjects and 1 A. Will they offer me a foundation year?

Their applications close in end of January. They have until 16/05/24 to reply, which is why they have not replied. In what subjects do you have the grades above?
Reply 2
Health and social and applied science. Do you think I will get given 1st year or foundation
Health and social and applied science. Do you think I will get given 1st year or foundation

I will be completely honest. I do not think so. Because there is a specific type of applied science they accept which either gives 2 or 3 grades (case by case. I assume having pharmacy experience helps). As far as I am aware, they do not look at health and social science. I’m also not the right person to answer this, so you are better off speaking to someone in the university (like their admissions helpline, although they’re horrible at answering the phone). My advice would be to perhaps try other universities like Kingston.

If possible, see if you can retake your a levels. Do Biology, Chemistry, and Maths (optional). If you can’t do that via school, then do them privately. It’ll be a much cheaper option than foundation year (which cost around £6k). Do your absolute best, and if you get good enough grades, you can just get onto the main course. Meanwhile, look for a job in pharmacy and gain experience. So if they ask why did you take gap year, you can say and show you gained experience 😄
Reply 4
Original post by Batman00769
I will be completely honest. I do not think so. Because there is a specific type of applied science they accept which either gives 2 or 3 grades (case by case. I assume having pharmacy experience helps). As far as I am aware, they do not look at health and social science. I’m also not the right person to answer this, so you are better off speaking to someone in the university (like their admissions helpline, although they’re horrible at answering the phone). My advice would be to perhaps try other universities like Kingston.
If possible, see if you can retake your a levels. Do Biology, Chemistry, and Maths (optional). If you can’t do that via school, then do them privately. It’ll be a much cheaper option than foundation year (which cost around £6k). Do your absolute best, and if you get good enough grades, you can just get onto the main course. Meanwhile, look for a job in pharmacy and gain experience. So if they ask why did you take gap year, you can say and show you gained experience 😄

Hi I already work in a pharmacy for 2years now and have qualifications to work in a pharmacy too. I really hope they consider this and put me on to a 1st year. I tried Kingston and they offered me pharmaceutical science instead which I don’t want. Thanks for the help tho
Hi I already work in a pharmacy for 2years now and have qualifications to work in a pharmacy too. I really hope they consider this and put me on to a 1st year. I tried Kingston and they offered me pharmaceutical science instead which I don’t want. Thanks for the help tho

That’s good! I hope you get your place. It won’t be first year I think, it’ll be Year 0 (foundation year). I also applied for Medway but retracted my application because their communication with students is awful and just went with Kingston. Good luck!

Just out of curiosity, let me know if you get the offer.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending