The Student Room Group

What's the first thing you'd buy if you won the lottery?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by chickenonsteroids
[video="youtube;a0zUQZ8W6ug"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0zUQZ8W6ug[/video]

I need to win the lottery so that I can do this! :rofl:
Original post by Life_peer
You would be so broke after a month… Bank? Charity? Throw it into the Sun and you would at least reduce the inflation a bit.

With £20m in the bank and invested in property, I fail to see how he'd be broke after a month.
Pay off my parents' loans and mortgages.
Reply 23
Original post by chickenonsteroids
[video="youtube;a0zUQZ8W6ug"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0zUQZ8W6ug[/video]

WTF, I wonder how much it cost him, and why the hell would you put soap in??!!
Reply 24
Buy a fancy car

Then learn how to drive

Then buy luxury clothes
A huuuuuuuuuuuuge five course meal for all of my immediate family. I'd eat as much as I could possibly hold down and then have lipo the next day :L
A house of my own to get away from my family.
Original post by Panda Bear
With £20m in the bank and invested in property, I fail to see how he'd be broke after a month.

It was an exaggeration—the point is that any person who would just store £10m in the bank and give the same amount away would be terrible with handling any large amounts of money.
I would pay the mortgage on my own flat off then i'd give my parents at least £10 million of it.
Reply 29
Original post by Lord Harold
Does your new gang not need funding? You could buy some well sick knives an ****!

people in my gang are pretty well off anyway mate
Reply 30
Original post by aspirinpharmacist
Yep! That would be so fun to do. I would have an awesome house with a massive library set out like a maze and I'd have one of those sliding staircases so I could run around every Christmas pretending to be Jack Skellington

I've always wanted secret rooms like behind bookcases that open when you pull a certain book off the shelf or something! I think an observatory would be really cool. I think I'd buy myself one really nice old house to live in and then just buy a huge ugly building and fill it with indoor slides and bouncey castles and swimming pools and that could be my fun house! I think I'd also want a giant room with a bouncey castle floor and walls etc!
I would just go to Cardiff and buy loads of clothes
Reply 32
Original post by smd4std
people in my gang are pretty well off anyway mate

You could treat them to some Tesco jewelry instead of the Argos stuff maybe!!
Reply 33
If I had money to waste I'd post £50 notes through random doors!
A Million Lottery Tickets................No in all seriousness I would pay for the services of a top financial adviser and accountancy firm!
(edited 10 years ago)
I'd pay off my £6k debt, then MOT my polo, pay off my boyfriends phone debt, buy us a small flat and furniture, and then save the rest.
Reply 36
This:
Reply 37
1000 jacket potatoes because they've got me to this point.
Reply 38
Buy and build a chemistry and physics lab, along with a nice observatory. I would let people use it and use it myself.
(edited 10 years ago)
Buy 30 million lottery tickets

Quick Reply

Latest