The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

need some advice please help

Ok so i got my results today like everyone else! And wasnt fully happy with them. Im looking at doing International Relations at LSE or Kings. (extra info: course requirement is AAA). Ok so for example if there were 2 students, student A and student B. Student A had already done his A levels and had achieved AAA. Student B also applied but he was in year 12 and his AS predicted grades were A*A*A. which one would the university prefer/favour the most.
(in this scenario both students have taken the same subjects and have good PS's and references)
I personally would have said Student A as he has actually achieved the grades so is technically "risk free" for the university. your thoughts? thanks oh and i am student A!
Reply 1
Original post by daalchaval
Ok so i got my results today like everyone else! And wasnt fully happy with them. Im looking at doing International Relations at LSE or Kings. (extra info: course requirement is AAA). Ok so for example if there were 2 students, student A and student B. Student A had already done his A levels and had achieved AAA. Student B also applied but he was in year 12 and his AS predicted grades were A*A*A. which one would the university prefer/favour the most.
(in this scenario both students have taken the same subjects and have good PS's and references)
I personally would have said Student A as he has actually achieved the grades so is technically "risk free" for the university. your thoughts? thanks oh and i am student A!

so you're asking us if we think you should take a gap year and reapply.
i'd contact lse and ask them, our speculation isn't really going to help you at all
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2

Dude, I had AAC as my AS results a year ago.

Today I got accepted by LSE to read IR.

It all boils down to your PS + I had work experience, once you get the AAA prediction the grades become secondary.
Reply 3
Original post by CEKTOP
Dude, I had AAC as my AS results a year ago.

Today I got accepted by LSE to read IR.

It all boils down to your PS + I had work experience, once you get the AAA prediction the grades become secondary.

no way! thats really good to hear. but i honestly believe that you are a lucky few. many people with straight A*s fail to get in.
Reply 4
no way! thats really good to hear. but i honestly believe that you are a lucky few. many people with straight A*s fail to get in.

That's not luck, that's a solid PS + great recommendations from a top 30 school.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending