The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2460
Original post by simmy123
Hi guys just want to say congratulations on your gcse results and yes we are finally going to be doing a levels so yeah I have chosen Biology Chemistry History and English literature and igotinto a grammar school so im stoked anyway have you guys brought your school stuff?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I was going to start tomorrow... But I've decided I'm not going to any more. I'll do it after my enrollment - Friday @ 11:45. Pretty damn nervous.
Original post by Red Fox
In my school 2 people got 9A*-A:rolleyes:

I wanted to know the general statistics that the school will be judged on like %5A*-C including English and Maths.My school is below average for high achievers but is above average in general because it likes to cheat the league tables, by focusing on C grade pupils and entering pupils into loads of qualifications so they get 5A*-C.
Original post by Red Fox

Nobody in my school got that :lol: I'm pretty sure no one got more than 4 A*s.
Will never understand how having 8 hours sleep this morning caused me to be more tired than when I had no sleep yesterday
Original post by MattFletcher
Will never understand how having 8 hours sleep this morning caused me to be more tired than when I had no sleep yesterday

Happens when you wake up and it's not the end of a sleep cycle
Original post by Tibbz2
The last time I downloaded 20GB worth of data it took 2 months.

That's why :wink:

Well when the blu ray set is over twice the price it's pretty pointless to buy that if I just want to watch it and sell it again.

Are you connected to a local McDonald's? xD. I use websites if I cba to download anything, watched the whole of breaking bad on letmewatchthis!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bude8
Happens when you wake up and it's not the end of a sleep cycle

ahh of course, thanks, had half an hour too much, damn brain :tongue:
Reply 2467
Original post by lolface32
Are you connected to a local McDonald's? xD. I use websites if I cba to download anything, watched the whole of breaking bad on letmewatchthis!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Streaming videos is also out of the equation because it takes 10 mins to load a video at lowest quality that is only 60 seconds long!

That's worse than DVD quality anyway, and so are all the rips of the show on 'certain sites', so DVD was the best option for me :frown:
Happy birthday dude woo! :woo:

Also does anyone have a stationary list that I'll need for my subjects?
I'm doing Maths, Chem, Bio and Physics.
Original post by Dalek1099
I wanted to know the general statistics that the school will be judged on like %5A*-C including English and Maths.My school is below average for high achievers but is above average in general because it likes to cheat the league tables, by focusing on C grade pupils and entering pupils into loads of qualifications so they get 5A*-C.

Mine does that. It got 69% A*-C (up from 65%).
Original post by MattFletcher

Preaching to the choir dude

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by techno836
Below is a list of subjects and exam boards that we are all taking, I'm sure it will be useful when you need somebody to help you :h: (Newcomers please quote me if you wish to be added :h:)

Hey all! I'm doing History (OCR), Geography (AQA), English Literature (AQA) and Biology (Edexcel).

Add me please! Thanks :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Elm Tree
Nobody in my school got that :lol: I'm pretty sure no one got more than 4 A*s.

One of the people who got it is leaving and the other 1 is me:cool:
Original post by Tibbz2
Streaming videos is also out of the equation because it takes 10 mins to load a video at lowest quality that is only 60 seconds long!

That's worse than DVD quality anyway, and so are all the rips of the show on 'certain sites', so DVD was the best option for me :frown:

Not at all, I find that all the rips were in HD for certain shows, even breaking bad. With a good monitor, you have your own home cinema :biggrin:
Original post by Dinasaurus
Nice to see someone from (loosely) the same neck of the woods, most people haven't even heard of Seychelles.

When was the last time you've been to seychelles??

I havent been to mauritius to for 11 years and i dont really know if its worth going back for a holiday.
Original post by Red Fox

so does that mean people could have got 9As and still be counted in that? In my school there were 4 of us who got 9A*s and 1A each aha
Is it just me with the earliest start date??? I start tomorrow and I'm a bit pissed off with that :frown::frown::frown:
Original post by NinjaPandaa
so does that mean people could have got 9As and still be counted in that? In my school there were 4 of us who got 9A*s and 1A each aha

Yeah they would count and that's impressive for the school.
Original post by Red Fox
Yeah they would count and that's impressive for the school.

hmm I guess, 1 girl's definitely getting a remark on her A and 2 of us are undecided aha :colondollar:
Original post by Infinity_4652
When was the last time you've been to seychelles??

I havent been to mauritius to for 11 years and i dont really know if its worth going back for a holiday.

About 2 weeks ago, I went for 5 weeks. The vast majority of my family live there.

Latest