The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by techno836
Yeah okay I'll change it now :h:

I think you can safely remove the maybe beside my name for CCEA Physics :biggrin: I'm loving it, can't see me changing!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4821
Original post by mollyh77
I think you can safely remove the maybe beside my name for CCEA Physics :biggrin: I'm loving it, can't see me changing!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Okay I'll do that :h:

i had further maths today ... did M2 :frown: .... i'm currently posting for help on Mega A level Maths thread so you can take from that how it went :colondollar:
Fairly new to this, but i took WJEC Maths, Economics, Physics and Chemistry :grin:. There doesn't seem to be many people from Wales here doing my subjects with the same exam board though :/
Original post by augustbaby
On the folders front, my collage want us to have a ring binder for each subject at home and then a smaller folder for each subject (and teacher for chemistry) to carry around at school. Is this completely ridiculous or normal, and how would you do it if you were working like that?

Well, first of all, I would strongly suggest having lever-arch folders at home - ring binders will not hold enough, and are easily broken.

For the folder you take into school/college with you, however, a ring binder is a good idea because of its relatively small size. Only carry what you are currently working on in it, and leave at home what you don't need for that day. Usually, I only use one folder to take work in to school/college, and just split it into my subjects with file dividers. Unless you're taking essay-based subjects, I see no reason to need more than one of these "day folders" in your bag, as that would start becoming unnecessarily heavy.

If your school/college is wanting one "day folder" for each subject, I would think that they're being slightly ridiculous. Are you sure they didn't mean one folder per subject to be kept at home?

Also, it may be best to keep a ring binder at home just in case the one you take into school/college breaks. Then your work isn't a mess for a few days while you try to get a new one.
Reply 4824
Might be watching Jeremy Kyle in sociology hehe
Reply 4825
It's a *****, but there could be good points, but I haven't found any yet!
Reply 4826
Okay so I had Maths today. All is fine, I'm doing Decision. :biggrin:

It didn't even feel like Maths at all though, we started some work on graphs. :tongue:
In A Level Sciences, an Answer in an experiment is rounded to 3 significant figures. Why?

Is it to improve the reliability or validity of the experiment?
^ Can't remember which one of the two - anyone care to help?
Reply 4828
Original post by XxKingSniprxX
In A Level Sciences, an Answer in an experiment is rounded to 3 significant figures. Why?

Is it to improve the reliability or validity of the experiment?
^ Can't remember which one of the two - anyone care to help?

Same as in maths, it's just the default length of a shortened answer instead of writing out all the decimal numbers etc.
Reply 4829
Do any of you guys that use Moodle know how to access your college email at home?
Reply 4830
They're just putting education second to saving a bit of money, it's stupid. :mad:
I've bitten the bullet and gone for a remark, I'm just worried it'll drop a silly amount and I'll lose my A :colondollar:
Aha thank ya! :smile:
Sixth Form is wearing me out already. German, Maths and Geography are fine, but History seems like hard work. I love History, but there is so much of background knowledge and extra reading required, most of it based on politics. I've borrowed some books from the library so I should be okay :smile: I just need TSR to stop distracting me....
Original post by Lucas.
Okay so I had Maths today. All is fine, I'm doing Decision. :biggrin:

It didn't even feel like Maths at all though, we started some work on graphs. :tongue:

You do Decision as part of Maths? :redface: That's quite unusual to be honest, most people I know do either Statistics or Mechanics, those I know who are doing Decision all seem to have done it for Further Maths
Original post by LeFailFish
10 books?? Woah :eek: you must have a TARDIS for a bag. And some serious strength. Is that for English, or do you really need that many textbooks? I'm starting to feel glad I only need to carry round three folders and three textbooks at most.

:frown: Lucky you. I have five textbooks, an exercise book for Geography, a notebook, a plastic folder and apparently I need a portable CD player for German too.
Reply 4836
Original post by peaaceandl0ve
You do Decision as part of Maths? :redface: That's quite unusual to be honest, most people I know do either Statistics or Mechanics, those I know who are doing Decision all seem to have done it for Further Maths

Yep. :smile: I have three Maths lessons a week. One of them I do Decision, and the other two I do Core 1, and I'll eventually move onto Core 2. :smile:

Out of everyone I've spoken to at my college, I seem to be one of the only people doing Decision. All the people that took Further Maths have to do Mechanics, and all the Physicists are doing Mechanics too. Nobody is doing Stats (that I know of). :tongue:
Original post by Mr.Nor
5 textbooks+ 5 notebooks :frown:

That's insane. I'm glad I don't have to deal with all that or I might have had to pay for a locker this year!! :biggrin:
Original post by peaaceandl0ve
:frown: Lucky you. I have five textbooks, an exercise book for Geography, a notebook, a plastic folder and apparently I need a portable CD player for German too.

A PORTABLE CD PLAYER?? Now THAT is taking things to the extreme. :eek::eek:

I have a folder per subject - so 4, but I never have more than 3 subjects in a day this year - and a textbook per subject. I also have an exercise book for maths but that only goes in when the folder doesn't, and I have a workbook for chemistry but that's light so I don't count it. Aside from that I just need my pencil case, planner, maths kit, calculator, food, normal stuff like a wallet, phone, keys and ipod, and my PE kit on Wednesdays. Which isn't too bad, all things considered! :biggrin:
Original post by NinjaPandaa
I've bitten the bullet and gone for a remark, I'm just worried it'll drop a silly amount and I'll lose my A :colondollar:

:goodluck:

Latest