The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Little Tail Chaser
:five:

How are you finding school?:tongue:
ahhh 7/10 on my decision maths homework, if I gained one more mark i could have got an A
I think you'll find that Evil Fish and I rule the roost here :colonhash: . And flirting :teehee: ? Don't flatter yourself :smug: .

So much burn, all at once...
Aww, I always thought that psychology looked interesting :tongue: ! Not interesting enough to actually take it though :teehee: .

It's been great so far for me :yep: Pleased with my subject combo. At the moment I'm not that overwhelmed by the workload but I don't want to jinx it...

Original post by mynameisntbobk
Not impressed at all

It's just that one of my teachers is kind of a moron, and extremely annoying :mmm: I actually feel bad because I enjoy my other teacher's lessons, and I like her, but honestly I could probably use the extra time for study.
I think you'll find that Evil Fish and I rule the roost here :colonhash: . And flirting :teehee: ? Don't flatter yourself :smug: .

Whoa, hats off to you :tongue: My school wouldn't let me do five, but I kinda think that's for the best because I'm not the most organised of people :colondollar: . Have you been to any open days yet to see what the med schools are like?

I'm going to need to reassert myself as a major power here, methinks :smug: :mmm:
Original post by MangoFreak
I'm going to need to reassert myself as a major power here, methinks :smug: :mmm:

Go right ahead. We need to form an alliance against those pesky ducks. :h:
Reply 5346
Original post by peaaceandl0ve
Hello there, welcome! I feel the same regarding geography, y other subjects are a bit step up but Geography so far is very much a continuation of GCSE. Which exam board/topics are you doing? I'm doing Edexcel and my school takes the option units Crowded Coasts and Re-branding Places, alongside the compulsory ones :smile:

We're doing AQA at our school. So far we're studying Rivers and Health issues, so nothing too taxing. It is literally exactly the same as the biology i covered at GCSE. I think that the geography skills paper may be more difficult rather then the physical and human combined paper. My teacher has already advised us to buy revision guides... At least we get to go to Iceland for our field work! :u: Last year, we had to survey the local area which was pretty dull. I'm so glad that there is no coursework though!
Go right ahead. We need to form an alliance against those pesky ducks. :h:

Have you been watching Breaking Bad? :holmes: :cry2:
Have you been watching Breaking Bad? :holmes: :cry2:

It had been a while since I watched it (and I'm not going to lie, I never caught up completely :colondollar: ), so I wanted to watch it again all the way from the beginning before I watched the current series. I'm half way through S3 at the moment! :biggrin:
It had been a while since I watched it (and I'm not going to lie, I never caught up completely :colondollar: ), so I wanted to watch it again all the way from the beginning before I watched the current series. I'm half way through S3 at the moment! :biggrin:

Spectacular :awesome: Penultimate episode this Sunday :emo:
Spectacular :awesome: Penultimate episode this Sunday :emo:

Then I must catch up completely by next Sunday. Challenge accepted :awesome:
Reply 5351
For some reason my school is doing Geography on WJEC ... which is wierd because no other subject is on that board at GCSE or Alevel ... It really bothers me, plus I dislike the layout of the exam, but then again I don't know how other exam boards have set it out. :frown:
ARGH I HAVE ABSOLUTELY TONNES OF WORK. It's terrifying. So scared.

Posted from TSR Mobile
How are you guys finding college/sixth form?

Most of you will be going into your third week I take it ? :smile:
Original post by James A

Don't you have some packing to do? :tongue:
Original post by James A

1) I've cut down on my posting thank you very much :pierre:

2) College is draining, and I can't sleep in on weekends because of my body clock :colonhash:

3) Lots of pointless homework.

But it is good :tongue:

When do you start uni?:biggrin:
Original post by mynameisntbobk
Don't you have some packing to do? :tongue:

:colondollar: I was supposed to go lakeland in brent cross today to get some more frying pans and pots, but I think I'll do that tomorrow :cool:

I need to get some kitchen knives :colone: :colone: (don't worry, I won't be doing anything silly with it :tongue:) and a measuring jug. Might have to look in the shed as well for some cooking books. I need to try out some new culinary dishes xD

You've done A2 right??

Original post by L'Evil Fish
1) I've cut down on my posting thank you very much :pierre:

2) College is draining, and I can't sleep in on weekends because of my body clock :colonhash:

3) Lots of pointless homework.

But it is good :tongue:

When do you start uni?:biggrin:

:rofl: You have to try and dip into the high 50's (posts per day ratio :teehee: )

The timing does stress alot of people out, but you will eventually adjust :tongue:

Oh yeah, what modules you doing for maths? Bet your friends doing AS maths must be jelly of you xd

I start on the 29th, well technically that's my moving in day (on a sunday). It feels good to finally know that I can start learning the stuff I've always wanted to learn since I was a little child ........ pharmacy!!

One of my friends in the year above at Reading said that the first year of the course has more biology than chemistry :frown: but there's alot of lab practicals to do which sounds good!

Trust me, put in the hard work now and it will feel amazing when you log on to UCAS in two years time to see you got into your firm :wink:
Original post by James A
:colondollar: I was supposed to go lakeland in brent cross today to get some more frying pans and pots, but I think I'll do that tomorrow :cool:

I need to get some kitchen knives :colone: :colone: (don't worry, I won't be doing anything silly with it :tongue:) and a measuring jug. Might have to look in the shed as well for some cooking books. I need to try out some new culinary dishes xD

You've done A2 right??

Haha the fine art of procrastination :tongue:

I didn't think you would :rolleyes:. Surprised that people still own cooking books, you cook from the heart :wink: whatever feels right can just be dumped into the pot.

Doing A2s now :yep: can't wait till its all over really
Reply 5358
Aand my throat has gone to ****, brilliant..
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by James A

College is amazing in every aspect possible :biggrin:

Latest