The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
I thought it was okay. I couldn't answer the one where you had to make x the subject and I used the quadratic formula instead of factorizing for the last one. Apparently I got the one with the trapezium wrong as well because I used scale factor 1.5 (6÷4) when actually it was scale factor 2.5 (10÷4). How did you find it?
Reply 41
Did everyone get 7 containers for 80l of compost? And x=0.6 and 4.2 for the graph?please
Reply 42
Also does anyone have an idea of the grade boundaries because I know some schools pulled out weaker kids so the grade boundaries might go up
Reply 43
Original post by TJB12345
I thought it was okay. I couldn't answer the one where you had to make x the subject and I used the quadratic formula instead of factorizing for the last one. Apparently I got the one with the trapezium wrong as well because I used scale factor 1.5 (6÷4) when actually it was scale factor 2.5 (10÷4). How did you find it?

Oh my god! Exactly the same with me! I couldn't do the rearranging to formula and I accidently read the last question wrong!
Oh yeah for the trapezium one I got the sf as 2.5
I don't know if the grade boundaries will be high or not?
Reply 44
[INDENT]
Original post by DaanD10
Did everyone get 7 containers for 80l of compost? And x=0.6 and 4.2 for the graph?please

I got 7 for the compost but i can't remember what I got for the graph.. Think it was like something and 4.25
Original post by TJB12345

OMG are you sure!
I put the scale factor down as 1.5.
It has to be 1.5, it can't be 2.5!!!!
I need to ask my teacher!
lol, I learnt factorising at the last minute, so everything was good!
I need a high A for an overall A*! :smile:
Original post by Berry14

I did this one too. How do you think it was?

Yeah, it was okay.
A bit easy, but there were some challenging questions.
I definitely think the grade boundaries are going to go up.
Original post by DaanD10

YAY!
I got 7 containers!
I got x= 0.7 and 4.2! :smile:
Reply 48
Original post by Bloom77
Yeah, it was okay.
A bit easy, but there were some challenging questions.
I definitely think the grade boundaries are going to go up.

Why?! I need to get 1 mark in an A to get an A* overall! I know at least 8 marks that I've lost due to me being stupid. Would this still be safe do you recon?
Reply 49
Original post by Berry14
Why?! I need to get 1 mark in an A to get an A* overall! I know at least 8 marks that I've lost due to me being stupid. Would this still be safe do you recon?

I'm in a similar position, I need an A on this exam for an a*, but I've lost 7 marks to being stupid too:frown:
Reply 50
Btw was the answer to the make 'x' the subject question x= (plus minus sign)square root something over something, if that makes any sense?
Reply 51
Original post by DaanD10
Btw was the answer to the make 'x' the subject question x= (plus minus sign)square root something over something, if that makes any sense?

Yeah I found out the answer and it was something like that
Reply 52
Original post by Berry14
Yeah I found out the answer and it was something like that

Ah you saviour! If the grade boundaries stay quite similar to previous years I think it was an okay exam:biggrin:
Reply 53
[INDENT]
Original post by DaanD10
Ah you saviour! If the grade boundaries stay quite similar to previous years I think it was an okay exam:biggrin:

I hope I've done enough :frown:
Reply 54
Original post by Berry14
I hope I've done enough :frown:

Was the first answer a reflection in the y axis? And you will need to aim for about 60 marks for an A which is what I need too:smile:, but I don't think GCSE grade is very related to what your A level grade will be, because the maths is so different
Reply 55
Someone please say any answers they got today so i can compare to my answers
Reply 56
Original post by DaanD10
Was the first answer a reflection in the y axis? And you will need to aim for about 60 marks for an A which is what I need too:smile:, but I don't think GCSE grade is very related to what your A level grade will be, because the maths is so different

First answer I put reflection through line x=0
?!
I think I got about 70!
Reply 57
Original post by Berry14

First answer I put reflection through line x=0
?!
I think I got about 70!

Y axis is x=0, I'm not sure if I'll drop marks for saying y axis though, and I think I got around 70ish too, do you know when the results come or is it different for each school?:s-smilie:
Reply 58
Original post by DaanD10
Y axis is x=0, I'm not sure if I'll drop marks for saying y axis though, and I think I got around 70ish too, do you know when the results come or is it different for each school?:s-smilie:

I don't know? I think I might have to wait till august but i don't know :frown:
Original post by DaanD10

Yeah, I got x= Square root and a fraction inside.

Latest

Trending

Trending