The Student Room Group

Extended Project Query

Hello all,

I need some advice please. I recently had my A2 enrolment 2 days ago. I was informed that I would have to undertake an extended project on top of my 3 A2's this year. Upon hearing this, I was very unhappy and stated I did not want to do it. I'm 25 years of age, I have plenty of work experience under my belt and I'm currently working at the moment part-time in a hospital.
Basically they have told me I have to do it, that I have no choice and that the government are making us do it. But I got a reply back from AQA stating that EPQ is not compulsory.

I do not want to do this extra work when 3 A2's are plenty enough for what I need and can cope with. I didn't go through 4 AS'S to have the pleasure of dropping one.. Then having to pick up this.....

My personal tutor was useless, saying I have to do it and just trying to shuffle me along to get through the new lot of intakes..... So not looking forward to having her for the next year....

So any advice would be great, cheers all :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by Sam_Coburn
Hello all,

I need some advice please. I recently had my A2 enrolment 2 days ago. I was informed that I would have to undertake an extended project on top of my 3 A2's this year. Upon hearing this, I was very unhappy and stated I did not want to do it. I'm 25 years of age, I have plenty of work experience under my belt and I'm currently working at the moment part-time in a hospital.
Basically they have told me I have to do it, that I have no choice and that the government are making us do it. But I got a reply back from AQA stating that EPQ is not compulsory.

I do not want to do this extra work when 3 A2's are plenty enough for what I need and can cope with. I didn't go through 4 AS'S to have the pleasure of dropping one.. Then having to pick up this.....

My personal tutor was useless, saying I have to do it and just trying to shuffle me along to get through the new lot of intakes..... So not looking forward to having her for the next year....

So any advice would be great, cheers all :smile:

Just tell the head or headmaster that you do not want to do it.
Its far from compulsory, this is sixth form they cant force you to take any subjects at all
Reply 2
Original post by Jkizer
Just tell the head or headmaster that you do not want to do it.
Its far from compulsory, this is sixth form they cant force you to take any subjects at all

Brilliant just what I needed to know... I'll have to speak to the head when I start. Couldn't believe what I was hearing when she was saying I had to do it... Totally one dimensional way of thinking and didn't even consider treating me as an individual... Cheers mate.

Quick Reply

Latest