The Student Room Group

How to register for EPQ

My school does not support EPQ's but I would like to do one. How can I do this please?
Original post by JoDavis
My school does not support EPQ's but I would like to do one. How can I do this please?

Unfortunately, unlike exam-based qualifications, the EPQ is not available outside of a school / college environment.

This is because it is coursework-based, and requires assessment not just of the final product, but of the initial proposal, and of various interim items during its production.
Reply 2
Original post by DataVenia
Unfortunately, unlike exam-based qualifications, the EPQ is not available outside of a school / college environment.

This is because it is coursework-based, and requires assessment not just of the final product, but of the initial proposal, and of various interim items during its production.

Hey, thanks so much for that. The work was started as an Independent Project with drafts, literature searches and record of development. So far 3500 words. Is it possible to develop this as an EPQ?
Original post by JoDavis
Hey, thanks so much for that. The work was started as an Independent Project with drafts, literature searches and record of development. So far 3500 words. Is it possible to develop this as an EPQ?

Only if your school offer all the services which they need to provide to support you. These are extensive. They need to assess and approve the project proposal, that need to sign-off the mid-projecy review, and project log. They need to mark the final product, and then standardise the mark by comparing it with other EPQs carried out within the same school. They need to provide details of all the marks to the awarding body (e.g. AQA) and then submit a sample (chosen by the awarding body) for moderation, which may result in the mark being adjusted.

This is not a trivial undertaking for the school and you say "school does not support EPQ's". You can continue the project, write about it in any personal statement, discuss it at interview (if applicable). But you cannot gain an Extended Project Qualification (EPQ) from it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending