The Student Room Group

External student financial support

Hello Everyone,

I am currently experiencing situation where I have to register as a external student at the University of Sheffield. I have to repeat a module of Extended Project, ALCS EXAM and 2 Assessments - Psychology and Sociology modules.

I was advised to go as an External Student without attendance ,however I am unsure if that is the correct advise. Shouldn't I be External Student with Attendance since I have to complete a full module of Extended Project.

I am aware that if I am external student without attendance, I am not eligible to any student finance support but still can access the Library and Blackboard at my university.

Could you please advise me if I can go as an External Student with Attendance ?
You need to talk to Sheffield and ask if it’s possible to change your mode of attendance for the repeat year.
Original post by desunkova
Hello Everyone,

I am currently experiencing situation where I have to register as a external student at the University of Sheffield. I have to repeat a module of Extended Project, ALCS EXAM and 2 Assessments - Psychology and Sociology modules.

I was advised to go as an External Student without attendance ,however I am unsure if that is the correct advise. Shouldn't I be External Student with Attendance since I have to complete a full module of Extended Project.

I am aware that if I am external student without attendance, I am not eligible to any student finance support but still can access the Library and Blackboard at my university.

Could you please advise me if I can go as an External Student with Attendance ?

Hey,

I am not sure if you have already done this, but if not it would be worth contacting the student advice centre as they will be the best people to help in this situation. Here is their email: [email protected]

Evie (4th year medic at UoS)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending